View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2010, 10:40   #64
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Shootout

Hmm, let's do a shootout:

Forever Young: A Victory of Love (In The Mood and Sounds Like A Melody are equally impressive).
Afternoons in Utopia: Lassie Come Home (Carol Masters is fantastic as well).
The Breathtaking Blue: Romeos? Summer Rain? Middle of the Riddle? For a million? Ouch! That's a toughie! I'll go with Summer Rain.
Prostitute: Euphoria? Apollo? Paradigm Shift? All in the golden afternoon? Ain't it strange? Another difficult decision...I'll say Euphorie.
Salvation: Pandora's Lullaby? Point of Know Return? Dangerous Places? I'll go with Pandora's Lullaby.
DS1: Traumtänzer
DS2: Carol Masters (1st Version)
DS3: Like Thunder? Comme 20,000 Lieues? Next Generation? VERY hard. Like Thunder.
DS 5 (I'll exclude Live Versions, because that's entirely different territory): To The Underworld (though Days Full of Wonder and Whales would have been awesome as well).
DS 6: Elegy (If The Audience Was Listening and the Welcome to the Sun version would have deserved 1st place, too).
DS 7: Astral Body (Blauer Engel would have to share 1st place...)
DS 8: Those Were The Days (Duel is also extremely strong).
CS 1: On the Beach!!! (I also love Ship of Fools, Zoo and Girl from..., but they pale in comparison with this epic masterpiece).
CS 2: The Parallel Girlz (Heartbreaker and Ways are other favorites).
CS 3: G.I.Ants
CS 4: Waiting 4 the nu Lite (or Shadows She Said or Return to Paradise).
Catching Rays on Giant: The Deep.

Do I really have to pick ONE song? Can't I have a compilation of all these? Okay, if I really have to pick one, it's gotta be On The Beach. Because it's not just a song. It's an unlikely event. A paradigm.

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote