View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:39   #18
Dingerz
Dreamer

I am a huuge collector and I love getting my hands on promos. No, they aren't made for the fans per say - they are made to promote. However, as Willy said - they often are wanted because they have different artwork/edits/mixes on them that you can't get elsewhere.

Now as for what russ said. It would be cool in some ways if we could just by the promos from the artists, but on the other hand that would make promos not so easily treasured. Face it, I think half the fun of collecting is the chase.. If it takes you a while to get your hands on it, or to score a deal (instead of paying an arm and a leg for it) then when you finally DO have it, it's like mission accomplished. Being able to buy promos from the artists would therefore not make them promos. So I think it should be hard to get them. That is the point behind collecting (well hard core collecting as opposed to normal collecting as in get all the releases of your fav band) Same thing with t-shirts, posters, etc. It is the rarity of such items that makes collecting fun and worthile. (not to mention worth the wait to get items.)

Anyways, that's my take.

Tara :)

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote