View Single Post
Old 09 Nov 2011, 17:28   #5
Kaz
Her...

Main points from last night’s chat with Marian:

• Marian working on a new version of Love Will Find a Way in time for the end of the year. Will be a duet with a female artist from Berlin. Name not revealed yet.

• Alphaville will tour USA next year if financially able to do so.

• Alphavile is currently in talks with a Spanish promoter about a tour of Spain next year

• Alphaville website to be updated and extended – “My Alphaville” due for opening…

• New album will still be with Universal.

• New album will be full of “personal songs”. Rainer Bloss is involved but the main songwriting is being done by Marian and Martin. “Handful of Darkness” will definitely be on the album. Other songs to be on the album not yet known.

• The album will contain between 12 and 15 tracks – more likely 12 as the songs may develop into longer ones.

• No live album is planned in the near future but will happen one day.

• No remix contest is planned for any songs from the next album yet.

• Answer to why Marian doesn’t like the idea of having a Facebook account: “…maybe sooner or later I will have one.” But at the moment, he doesn't "miss Facebook."

• Planned book that Marian is writing is some way off for now

• Alice musical is in its third rewrite. It will be the story from a completely different perspective. Marian plans to play the role of Lewis Carroll as a countertenor "with balls" in drag and make-up. (Kaz: for real?????)

• The Alice musical will be Marian’s only attempt at writing one.

• Marian said it is "about time" for DS13. There is a lot of unused material for this.

• SLAM has a connection to Nice…but probably only for Marian.

• Marian is really looking forward to having the 30th anniversary celebration in Paris, his "dream come true". Will surprise me with the venue (since it was my idea)...

And Marian could be my dad

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Last edited by Kaz; 10 Nov 2011 at 21:05.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote