View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2003, 08:52   #21
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Dear Dustin,
all lyrics are online - you find them under "future&album" in the "Lyrics" section!
It is funny that you criticize my singing the high notes (the falsetto passages), as most people who heard the songs so far found it cool. But off course I will take your critics in consideration!
Studio records...that is the devil's circle in this game: You are more likely to get a contract if you have your records in studio quality, but you get to a studio only if you have a contract.
Well, I could rent studio time to record all this, but it would cost me 2000-3000 Euro, that I do not have!
So we have to go like this. I am planning to use more computers to compensate the lack of a studio a bit.
Gigs...to play life really is a proble due to the different cities. But my brother and me played on some huge partys and similar occasions on our own, but both our songs, promoting the whole project. And in September we will make a surprise "guerrila" concert in the center of Heidelberg...with the synthetic instruments.
it's me who owns the synthesizer and the software and who manages the project and the recording. My brother contributes the keyboards and the piano that he owns.
That is no big problem, as we write individually but our styles fit good together, and once we have an idea, we play or sing it to the other via phone and exchange ideas and lyrics via e-mail, while we meet every four weeks to do new recordings and to work together on arrangements.
I am very happy that you like our works so much, and I hope that I can provide you soon (October) with a better recorded demo-album.
Though it will not have studio style. But, if you listen to the old AV demos for FY (DS1), you will find that some of them also sound quite homemade ;)
Keep in touch!

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote