View Single Post
Old 06 Sep 2020, 08:25   #9
jetset
Dreamer

Markus Reinhardt is well known as the founder of Hamburg based hit-making synth- pop duo Wolfsheim (named after a character in The Great Gatsby). His band lit up the German charts with album releases such as ‘Spectators’ (1999) and ‘Casting Shadows’ (2003), which reached no 2 and no 1 respectively and saw them winning the ‘Best Alternative Domestic Band’ gong at the prestigious Echo Music Prize national awards ceremony in 2004.
Following a well-publicised anachronistic break-up of the band, Reinhardt now returns with his most personal, authentic work to date as Renard and the upcoming release of a debut solo album entitled ‘Waking Up In A Different World’. “The end of Wolfsheim motivated me to reinvent myself. A process that was urgently needed. With Renard, I’m more with myself,” he states. “My album combines the sound and mood of the 80’s with the stylistic devices of today.”
Renard showcases Reinhardt’s signature intimate songwriting in symbiosis with renowned producers Oliver Blair (Ladytron, Client, Kelli Ali of Sneaker Pimps, etc) and the Hamburg based Chaos Compressor Club (Moddi, Love A, etc).
Vocal duties on the album are shared by several talented singers. The special timbre of Pascal Finkenauer can be heard on the lead single ‘Travel In Time’, a perfect modern synth-pop dance track, while urban-folk artist Joseh brings a sense of uplifting spirituality to ‘The Meissen Figurine’ and ‘Junkyards’. The highly distinctive voice of Sarah Blackwood (Client, Dubstar) can be heard on ‘Heresy’, the multiple award-winning Greek vocalist/composer Marietta Fafouti lends her beautiful voice to ‘Restless’, and Berlin based but Australia made Eliza Hiscox (royalchord) enchants on ‘My Heart’s Still Shaking’. The songs ‘Hotel’ and ‘Damn Happy’ see Reinhardt collaborate with German singer Marian Gold, co-founder of legendary synth-pop band Alphaville. The two hold a long-held mutual admiration for each other’s work.
‘Waking Up In A Different World’ is an apt title for this splendid debut album and an ambitious musical rebirth for Reinhardt post-Wolfsheim. Despite his deep roots in the independent music scene of the 80’s, this is a contemporary, modern take on synth-pop and a multifaceted and emotionally dense work of art.

Source : http://www.maximumvolumemusic.com/ba...he-day-renard/

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote