View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2017, 09:16   #1404
Alfapolites
Dreamer

As I see here, many of the fans would not like to realize that the name Alphaville does not cover all of Marian Gold's musical career. It is not enough to speak of Alphaville albums only, and leave out of sight his solo work as well as part of that career.

I mean, after many years, I have listened again to Marian's whole work of music spanning from So Long Celeste era to Crazyshow era (that is early 1990s to early 2000s), and there is nothing comparable to this period in his life in terms of creativeness, originality and high level of music, including the material which has only been released on Dreamscapes. These are, all in all, some 65-70 songs.

With this achievement in view, I can only say that the recent albums, Strange Attractor and Catching Rays On Giant do not even seem to come close to any of his previous works in fineness, deepness, and quality.

The question, therefore, is rather, can an artist lose much of his force of creativity with the advance of time? I am afraid that this is the case.

Only such songs as Tempelhof and London Sky seem to be evidence in the opposite direction.
Alfapolites is offline   Reply With Quote