View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2019, 23:14   #14
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

I will say that Prostitute was a different step for the band, mostly because as they were rolling forward, they would feel the need to change their music some to stay fresh (or dare I say, stay Forever Young?). Such was the case with Breathtaking Blue, as you can pick up on the other attempted genres like in this one.

Though the one thing about doing this is it's not without its obstacles. There are great tracks in there, personal favorites include "Impossible Dream" and "Iron John," but not sure what to make of ones like "Some People," especially at the end.

Even to this day, MG mixes things up with the live band to try and bring more variety to his sound, and while it may not sit well with those who are more used to the classic synth sound, I think it's nice to mix things up a bit.

I do find it interesting, however, how time makes a difference for those trying to find it. When it was new, I saw it somewhere, but they wanted more than I expected, being an import. I scored the CD in '98 while my family was visiting in Vancouver, Canada, and it was on sale, so we saved big!

Looking at it now on Amazon, they want WAY too much for it. Look it up; you won't believe your eyes.

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote