View Single Post
Old 19 May 2017, 12:30   #1377
wii
Dream Master

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, whether it's positive or negative, as long as it's written in respect to Alphaville and everyone else around here.

I like all the albums, but they are all different, and I don't mind that, and Strange Attractor is certainly different from the other albums, and that's probably why so many people different opinions are posted here and on other websites.

As I already said, I like 50% of the album very much, the other 50% is just not me, and I will probably never listen to that other 50%. As everything else in life, it's about personal preference, and I'm not into that style. I for sure prefer the sound of Handful of Darkness than Fever, which for me doesn't sound like Alphaville at all, but hey, if someone else loves Fever, great :)

It's also interesting to notice that the songs I like best from Strange Attractor has Martin Lister involved, no doubt that he loved synths more than Marian :)

To compare, the new Depeche Mode album is only 10% good for me, and I was the biggest DM fan you can possibly imagine, I just don't like their new sound, and it's been like this for years now, will probably never change.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote