View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2004, 00:19   #82
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Thanks a lot Romeo! I really appreciate your comments!
Which one of the versions did you listen to - the "original" or the "girl without confidence"-version? I wasn't really satisfied with the "original" because of some small things like the ugly guitar-like sound and some of the drums beeing to rough. I am more happy with the "girl without confidence"-version but I know I can do better.

I try to use the computer as much as possible for the sake of sound quality. I use several soft synthsizers but my favourite application is Reason (www.propellerheads.se) which has a lot of great stuff for electronic musicians and it's quite easy to use. One problem with doing a lot of the work with the computer is that the result may sound a bit sterile or "dull", but that's the way I like it [smile2].
As for vocals I record them with my Audio Deutschkraft ADK GC-2 mic with a pre-amp from DBX. I also sample a lot of sounds through the microphone and use in my songs to get a unique sound - trying not to download every sample (nothing wrong with that though). I also have CASIO WK-1600 but you don't hear it so much in my songs because I use it mostly to find melodies and song ideas in a computer free environment Later I either program it directly in the computer sequencer or record it with my MIDI-keyboard.
I usually get an idea for a song and the result gets completely the opposite of what I initially had in mind. That's why biggest problem is that my songs all sound different which makes it hard to make a record that sounds lika a solid unit rather than some collection-cd. I need a producer too to keep me focused

Maybe I could make a remix of one of your songs just for fun? I just need a vocal track (some notes and chord progressions would also help) and I'll start right away! I'm also looking forward to hear how your new recordings for Ephemere sound! You are a much better song-writer than me - I focus too much on the production sometimes and forget about the actual song-writing.......

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote