View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:49   #28
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Well, the most rare item that I know of is Bernhard's Atlantic Popes Promo CD Single for World called Twelve Inch World - he made them himself and I think only 50 were made so that makes it pretty rare.....

As for Alphaville as a whole, I don't have any numbers but here is a list of some very rare items:

Feathers and Tar Promo CD Single (was never released as single)
Today Promo CD Single (was never released as single)
History Cassette (only given to fanclub members in 1993)
WEA Flame Promo CD Single (never released as a single)
Dance With Me Paul van dyk Promo CD Single (I think it was only 500 - 1000 made)
Forever Young 2001 Promo CD Single (flopped - so the DWM promo was used instead - only think 500 exist)
Elegy Bonus CD Single (only 700 made)

I am sure that what makes an item rare might be that demand exceeds what is actually out there, but I would pick these to be rare simply because not a lot of them existed in the first place.....

Not sure about the vinyl, but I believe the rarest of those would be the Sensations 12" vinyl Single but I am sure there are more, like the white label dj promo of BIJ 92......

Oh yeah, legend has it that there exists a Salvation promo cassette..... but until I know somebody who has it, its still just a rumor!! ;)

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote