View Single Post
Old 07 Jul 2002, 22:07   #2
Trent
Dreamer

Alien...I am sorry to hear about your brothers death...as most of you know I lost me brother some time back in a car accident and it was very very hard on me...One thing I can tell you though is that you will never get over it...You can only learn to deal with it...this is something that stays with you forever...the one thing that helped me to deal with me brothers death was writing about it and writing a goodbye letter to him (I wrote this in the form of a poem though) and it helped me a little on the theraputic level...It took me a very long time to come out of the depression from his death...Seumas was me best friend not just me brother...Try and remember the good times you had with your brother...Remember him in a light hearted way...remember him with laughter and smiles and eventually the tears will go away and it will become easier to handle...That's about all I can tell you to do...as everyone grieves differently though and I am not a doctor, but this is how I dealt with Seumas' death and now I can talk about him with a smile instead of breaking down...cause I remember the good times instead of the bad =) I hope for your heart to heal Alien...I hope for this to get better for you and me heart goes out to you!!

"When I close my eyes, I see my soul...When I open them, I see yours"...
Trent
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote