View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2008, 16:17   #52
Andreas
Snömodd

Could anyone who voted for the winner, "Point of know return" tell me why you choose that song and what's the "bad" thing about it?
I think the arrangement is great, the melody is nice and that Marian sings it in a very good way (unlike my choice, "Dangerous places").
@rolandk: Is this a song which suits best to listen to at a noisy place (like a car) so you can't hear the words?[smile2]

Because the words are the only thing with this song I can not say I like - well, actually I have no more opinion about them than they make no sense. But why should everything make sense? It is up to the artistic freedom if they shall or not.
And I am not the right one to say something about lyrics. I am namely not a person who often dislikes songs because of the lyrics, to me the melody, the voice and the arrangement is of much more importance.
But I care about the words if they contains things I certainly not stand for, like in Gangster rap (but there the melody etc already is bad, so I don't listen to it anyway): "I'm gonna kill you, you fucking bitch"

But wait a minute... The sentence I wrote above can easily be associated to Alphaville:
1. "I'm gonna kill you" is almost like "I wish you were dead" - "Wishful thinking"
2. The word "fucking" is used in "Control"
3. "Bitch" is a song on this particular CD and "Soulman" also contains the word several times

Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote