Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Alphaville Merchandise (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What's the price of Dreamscapes? (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=3377)

nova2001 22 Sep 2013 17:22

What's the price of Dreamscapes?

Hello everybody, I always read the forum but I never write. I hope it is OK for you if I write now to ask an advice from you. :)

I (reclatantly) decided to sell my copy of Dreamscapes (in excellent conditions) and my Little America DVD. I haven't found them on Ebay, but I have seen a copy of Dreamscapes sold on discogs for 597 (!) dollars. No hint for the DVD.

Is this price correct? How should I sell them on Ebay?

Thanks in advance!

jetset 22 Sep 2013 18:49

Out of curiosity why are you getting (reluctantly) rid of it ?

nova2001 22 Sep 2013 18:55

Sorry for the error ;)
Of course the same old reason: I need money...

jetset 22 Sep 2013 19:43

ah, not for musical reasons, good to hear [smile]

Foolship1077 23 Sep 2013 06:17

$597 for Dreamscapes?! What a difference a few years makes. I bought my copy off eBay in 2004, for $300!

As for the Little America DVD, when I bought it off eBay, it was at the same $40 price as it was when it was first released.

nova2001 23 Sep 2013 12:34

It is on sale on discogs now for 500 Euro (or "make an offer"). The site suggested me 650 euro but I think it is too high. If I can't sell it there, I'll list it on Ebay in a few weeks. Thanks for the suggestions!

Alphaxl 28 Sep 2013 19:19

Ok, Dreamscapes is a very beautiful box to have but 600$ => Never [banghead]

And I'll be happy if I could find one on the internet cause it's the lonely cds I don't have but not for a price like that [wink]

shapeseven 28 Sep 2013 19:46

why pay shitloads of money for CDs when the whole stuff is available legally as mp3 on iTunes?
I have rare CDs like the first uk edition of underworld's "dub no bass with my head man" or "dog man go woof"; both rare - and both corrode: they are unplayable as the silver data layer within the plastic disc got brown spots and shows holes (I never thought that was really possible). Or the collectors edition of the cd maxi "in your room" by depeche mode (released as gatefold cd set). it's ready for the trash today as the glue used by the manufacturer to stick the paperback cover to the plastic cd trays killed the CDs (top side fine, data side looks like you sprayed some acid on the discs).
if dreamscapes was a vinyl box I'd say a 1.000 bucks are a fair price for such a rarity. but CDs? that's dead matter, my friend.

lightfairydee 28 Sep 2013 20:47

I am searching to have Dreamscapes....
I found it on E-bay at 450 € + 90€ for sending.... but that was a "folie" then I passed my turn....
I think you can sell it very well ! but before let me know your price !!!
good luck !

nova2001 28 Sep 2013 20:55

Actually I sold it after just one week on Discogs for 500 euro (675 dollars) + shipping. I am a bit sad to let it go but, on the other hand, I'm very happy to have 500 euro in my pockets [wink]