Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Dream Polls (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Do you think there are too many crap posts? (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=1627)

wii 01 Dec 2003 18:03

Do you think there are too many crap posts?

Do you think there are too many crap posts at the forum ?

Jonatan 01 Dec 2003 18:09

I don't know. Haven't voted yet. I'm afraid the forum would die if there weren't so many crap-post...

Jonatan 01 Dec 2003 18:18

Now I voted "I can't get enough crap" because I got kind of irritated by Avil's posts. [bah][mean]

poul e 01 Dec 2003 18:36

@Jonatan: I don't think it would die, but it would certainly not be as active as it is now! There IS a lot of crap-posts but I just don't see it as a problem. It's also a question of where and in which topics the "crap-talk" is going on. In topics in the "General Conversation forum" I don't care at all how much crap there is. But in more serious topics I don't like it if there is too much crap. But as it is now it's pretty well-balanced.

Kaz 01 Dec 2003 19:33

Can't vote and this is why. We all know that Alphaville news and stuff is thin on the ground from time to time. In times like that, what else do we talk about? Not only that, sometimes I'm not in the mood to read so called 'crap' posts, so I just skip over them. Othertimes I'm in a daft mood and join in. Don't see a problem. Like I said, it's all about balance...and changing attitudes from day to day too I suppose. We all join in the 'crap' posts from time to time.

Kaz 01 Dec 2003 19:37

Ok, I voted 'don't care', cos I don't (but mainly cos I wanted to see what the score was [laugh]). Let's just have fun eh?

FallenAngel 01 Dec 2003 19:40

First time I can't decide what to vote...

And what is to much? Don't forget that sometimes crap makes it more fun to read.

Will think once before I vote!

russharvey 01 Dec 2003 19:43

I don't even know why this is a poll...... I understand Avil's point of view, but the forum has grown and it is not the same place it was a year ago - yes, its unfortunate that Avil was chastised a year ago, but the truth is there are others who have been chastised within the past six months for posting crap so its not fair to say that Avil has been singled out - she has not been.

The beauty of a forum is that you don't have to read everything - you are not even obligated to read every posting under a topic if you don't want to. There will always be a small percentage of crap postings - and that seems like a lot more now because the forum is almost 800 people - it will remain that way forever as long as people are free to speak their minds.

The Dreamkeepers are committed to watching this and have sent out gentle reminders from time to time - but what this does not need to be is a moderated forum like the mailing list - that will kill it for sure.

as for voting - I don't think I will on this one, but that is just me.

Keep On Posting (just be nice)!!

Agnes 01 Dec 2003 19:59

I really don't care... as long as we all enjoy it, it doesn't matter at all... there is only one thing that counts: that we respect (and love) each other. And tell me: is there anything that really matters?... So keep on posting, all you fools (including me, of course [wink] ) [thumbup]

*sends out a Forum-hug with this post [love2] *

JaJaJa 03 Dec 2003 09:43

There is good and bad crap in this world. So the rise and fall of a forum depends on the
people who express themselves there. I do care on quality.