Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Dream Polls (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Has Facebook killed The Dreamroom? (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=3560)

Stefan 10 Feb 2016 21:12

Well, it is an institution for me...but there are many reasons for that minimum of traffic...but it has not to be Facebook alone.
We had the same with our german Indochine-Forum. But than we had a meeting with the Band in Berlin and that was followed by other Fan-Meetings and Events. OK, we are just around 25 hardcore-users, but we could never find that "home-feeling" on Facebook. But that could be a reason: We have a lot of "real" events, enough new music every year and tons of concerts. Remember the time around the Paris-concert, I think we had much more traffic here. The same with the german "Golden-Feeling"-Forum, even a little more sad how empty it is there. We have also still a "Fanclub-Newspaper" once a year...that is much more old-fashioned than a forum ;-) I still remember that fantastic magazine you had at New Horizons...that were the times.
I would move to a cheaper place, hoping for better times.
But I canīt see any chance to get the same feeling on Facebook.

Halfnelson 11 Feb 2016 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wii (Post 253748)
Thanks for the support, I'm still considering the options [smile]

What I could do is move the forum to a cheaper hosting company, that would be ideal for me, only problem is that we loose the ability to chat with many users online, but if we can live without that, then the forum could continue for years and years...

Amen to this.

shapeseven 11 Feb 2016 18:11

Has Facebook killed The Dreamroom ?

Weil, I wouldn't like to see the dream room being closed, but I can perfectly understand your point.
If you decide to do so, which I do not hope, I would start offering an official slack group for Alphaville.
If you can move to a more economic source, one could still consider to chose any other tool for chats - I'm sure there are plenty options to be used every now and then.

hajak 11 Feb 2016 20:16

No,I dont think Facebook is the reason why the interest has dropped.
I think the reason is 4 years delay of the album that made people loose interest in Alphaville.
I really hope that you keep dreamroom running in some way,
This is the Place where you can write your opinions about AV.

Thank you for running this site Wii

Mumu 11 Feb 2016 20:34

I would be very sad to lose my second family.

I must admit I'm often on FB since a few months, as it became a tool to understand and help some changes in my country. But I never forget the Dreamroom.

Moving to a cheaper host, why not ?

Kaz 12 Feb 2016 17:20

Like others, I come to the Dreamroom to share with like-minded friends. I would hate to see it close. I don't think Facebook is the reason for the decline. I think the reason is manifold...

Itzel 15 Feb 2016 20:23

I think that probably because not many are connected to Forum Dremroom, but please do not delete Forum The Dreamroom [sad]

wii 16 Feb 2016 11:05

I'm doing my best, I'm talking to my current webhost about this, will keep you posted [smile]

*ariAna* 16 Feb 2016 17:22

Thank you for all your engagement, Willy, I really appreciate it! [king]

Mumu 16 Feb 2016 20:38

Thank goodness you're here, Willy. We do need the Dreamroom !