Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Alphaville News (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Strange Attractor - New Album (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=3183)

Gravitation 07 Jul 2012 10:41

Why do I think that the album will be similar to Prostitute?

sophienoelle 07 Jul 2012 13:02

I'm hoping for more songs like "Phantoms" LOL.

Kaz 07 Jul 2012 14:06

I was told it will be very different from CROG and probably will polarise people's opinions. Bit like CS then.

Gravitation 07 Jul 2012 14:28

So the music is likely to be darker and the tone will be low...maybe...

Pitesina 07 Jul 2012 14:37

Yes, maybe the tone will be low. I´m expecting some similar to CROG.. I love that songs.

Gravitation 07 Jul 2012 15:03

I may be sounding like a Gravitation Breakdown

Kaz 07 Jul 2012 16:12

We know that Handful of Darkness will be on there, at least.

Gravitation 07 Jul 2012 16:16

Yes! And it's cool! Still wondering whether the videos for the singles...

sophienoelle 07 Jul 2012 17:05

I'm just excited to see what they come up with in the end - Guess it's up to the record execs which songs get picked.

Kaz 07 Jul 2012 19:36

Usually the case.

Starman 08 Jul 2012 23:50

I'll take what I can get!
I wouldn't mind if it was more like Prostitute. I think that may be the best album they have ever made.

emo72 09 Jul 2012 04:55

Yea something like prostitute would be great. I always preferred when they used real instruments rather than synths. The acoustic version of forever young was fantastic. Maybe they could do an unplugged album in the future? Anyone with me on this?

*ariAna* 09 Jul 2012 19:23

Unplugged? Yeeeesss! [spin] Me! [smile2]

poul e 09 Jul 2012 21:23

I think it will be an album for those who love the more experimental AV like Crazyshow, TBB and the previously unreleased tracks on DS. I'm afraid it won't be an album for me....I'm just hoping there will be a song or 2 that I like anyway!!!

As for an unplugged album I think they should hold an unplugged session with great sound equipment that's set up perfectly for the occasion. They should invite the hardcorefans for such an event which would help make it the perfect setting for a DVD recording!!!

Krapplund 09 Jul 2012 21:45

If Handful of Darkness is so good like live....than i´m happy for sure [wink][jump2]

Foolship1077 15 Jul 2012 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by emo72 (Post 235280)
Yea something like prostitute would be great. I always preferred when they used real instruments rather than synths. The acoustic version of forever young was fantastic. Maybe they could do an unplugged album in the future? Anyone with me on this?

Oh, heck yeah, bring on the Unplugged!

manu 16 Jul 2012 01:49

please no unplugged,no experimental jazz or so what.
back to the roots with electro pop songs and more sensitive songs like A Handful Of Darkness
with good keyboards sounds and some sound innovation.

Kaz 16 Jul 2012 09:52

Alphaville and experimental jazz (á la Can or Traffic) would be quite interesting...All the raving on about synthpop kind of gets on my nerves a bit. Synthpop was a beast of its time. I'm all for bands experimenting and moving on. Shoot me.

FallenAngel 16 Jul 2012 10:29

Nah, I wait with shooting if the new album isn't good!

Don't care what it need to be as long as I like it...

Kaz 16 Jul 2012 11:17

Good is subjective though, isn't it?

jetset 16 Jul 2012 12:33

Sorry for being nearly off-topic, but I can't remember the name of the artist and/or the painting for the unreleased Strange Attractor artwork/sleeve from 1993. Anyone remember ?

*ariAna* 16 Jul 2012 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaz (Post 235443)
Alphaville and experimental jazz (á la Can or Traffic) would be quite interesting...All the raving on about synthpop kind of gets on my nerves a bit. Synthpop was a beast of its time. I'm all for bands experimenting and moving on. Shoot me.

Agreed!!!

(Well, beeing a great fan of TBB this isn't completely unexpected, isn't it? [wink])

manu 16 Jul 2012 18:01

i dont think electro pop is synthpop:
electro pop is more in style like new order (synth and guitar and bass)
synthpop is more like de/vision or Mesh (almost total electronic)
My preference goes naturally to the new order style
I think with the actual line up Aplhaville can make some great tunes
with innovate synthsounds, guitar parts and real bassline
i loved to hear some tunes in the style of call me demo version
wonder if marian will show us on a future DS volume
the great production that Seb Komor made...
before Universal ruin it in a great part of CROG

Kaz 16 Jul 2012 18:08

Electropop IS synthpop. Same genre. Check it out online. Now you've explained what you mean, I can see where you're coming from. That's more like new wave rock combined with elements of electropop. Of course, there is a lot of crossover anyway, which I think is what Alphaville already does.

jetset 16 Jul 2012 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetset (Post 235451)
Sorry for being nearly off-topic, but I can't remember the name of the artist and/or the painting for the unreleased Strange Attractor artwork/sleeve from 1993. Anyone remember ?

Okay I knew I had read it before (http://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?p=225280)

The artist is french [smile]

manu 26 Jul 2012 01:39

The New Album seems to be ready to launch

http://alphavilleforever.tumblr.com/...et-ready-to-be

jetset 26 Jul 2012 11:19

nope Manu, it's only a fantasy artwork...

Kaz 26 Jul 2012 14:27

Exactly Jetset. Promos these days are available to the media as digital downloads and rarely in hard copy. That doesn't mean though that the digital download is not ready. For all we know, it is. But, just had a look around the industry sites and there's no mention of anything...yet...

jetset 26 Jul 2012 18:55

The album is in its production phase, I doubt it is ready yet. Even the tracklist for Catching changed at the last minute - I remember Marian mentioning Over The Hill as the opener during an interview a few weeks before its release-, so there's no way to be certain at this point.

manu 26 Jul 2012 22:18

even if the cover is a fake you must read between the lines,imho if tobias let escape some info the true is not far

Kaz 26 Jul 2012 22:53

If you remember though Jetset, promos and news from Universal about CROG and IDFYT went out in August but they were first scheduled for release in the October (which later changed). If Marian is still certain that the new album is due out in September, something should be starting to happen round about now. Oh well, we'll hear soon enough.

FallenAngel 27 Jul 2012 06:40

Are we still speaking in AV times? Let's see and wait, although I really hope for some bonus this time!

manu 27 Jul 2012 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaz (Post 235664)
If you remember though Jetset, promos and news from Universal about CROG and IDFYT went out in August but they were first scheduled for release in the October (which later changed). If Marian is still certain that the new album is due out in September, something should be starting to happen round about now. Oh well, we'll hear soon enough.

usually records company announce the release two months before,
but last time some bands announce it a few day before.(no exemple comes in my sick brain)[drink]
maybe it will be a space time between the digital and physical release?

Kaz 27 Jul 2012 11:09

Usually is a space / time between the digital and physical release.

Apollo 28 Jul 2012 14:40

Well I do hope they realease a single again and that this time it is not played on the radio 8 weeks before you can buy it ... ;-)

Kaz 28 Jul 2012 14:46

That's always been the way when promoting singles Leif. Remember when I was younger, in the days of the vinyl 45s, when you would hear a song on the radio for weeks and desperately wait for the release date so you could storm the record shops to buy it. At least now you can have instant access through digital download. No waiting for the shops to open.

Have to drum up customers' appetite first [wink]

Apollo 28 Jul 2012 16:33

Today's world is much more quick-paced than in the old days. Thinking "It's always been like that" is dangerous and often results in not being able to keep up with competition.

I'd let myelf be proven wrong if I saw some statistics suggesting 8 weeks is perfect, but my GOLDEN FEELING ;-) tells me, 4-6 weeks is a better time frame.

Kaz 28 Jul 2012 17:04

You'd better contact Universal and tell them [laugh]

hajak 13 Aug 2012 11:10

I think September is off for the release???because today 13 aug and no release dates
not even for the single release if there is any.
I guess it will be November as it was for Crog.
Hopefully AV dont change their sound to much from CROG which was a great album

Omegaville 13 Aug 2012 13:47

*whispering*
I could expect that, hajak... I must admit that I didn't believe that Strange Attractor will be released on September. In my opinion there are 2 version of release date: November/December this year or (what is more probable) next year, even October 2013.