Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Reviews (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Alphaville 30th anniversary in Paris (France), 29 Sep 2014 (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=3478)

wii 30 Sep 2014 18:57

Alphaville 30th anniversary in Paris (France), 29 Sep 2014

Put on your headphones
Select 1080p and enjoy the great video and sound quality:

Added playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zbAMsPsMtJNsaa

Review on page 4

alphaville88 30 Sep 2014 19:23

Please, upload more videos if possible - I couldn't attend the concert :(

THANKS..!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by wii (Post 248242)
We need someone to write a review, until then, I'm uploading some videos.

Here's the first one, put on your headphones and enjoy the great sound quality:

nicole 30 Sep 2014 19:24

What a beautiful performance! Marian's voice is just so amazing! Thanks for posting!

Mumu 30 Sep 2014 20:04

Halfnelson did one on the other post.

It was such a great show ! I'd like to have a time machine to get back on saturday night.

wii 30 Sep 2014 20:33

Ok, I got 10 songs, not all complete, I have no idea what the 2nd last song is called? It's a new song for the new album.

Mumu 30 Sep 2014 20:41

Do you need the set list ? From the first floor, we had it. I'll load it on the album.http://www.alphaville.org/data:image...OlBPSiigD/2Q==

wii 30 Sep 2014 20:43

Yes, thanks.

Mumu 30 Sep 2014 20:44

Done, it's in the Gallery. Being on the first floor was quite interesting.... I felt like a kid cheating to know what Santa had for her.

Halfnelson 30 Sep 2014 20:45

According to the set list photographied the new songs were :
1-8 The Wine Of Astonishment
1-10 Mafia
2-1 Giants

wii 30 Sep 2014 20:50

Thanks, got it.

Don't forget to listen to these clips with good headphones, they sound is great [smile]

Mumu 30 Sep 2014 20:53

I have free thursday afternoon. And alone at home. I think it will be my "little Paris". [wink]

nicole 30 Sep 2014 20:53

The sound quality is great!! Thank you Wii for posting! I appreciate it!

wii 30 Sep 2014 20:57

Just heard "Still Falls The Rain" with headphones, definately the best that night, in my opinion, what an amazing vocal performance by Marian, he was so good that night...

Kaz 30 Sep 2014 21:06

Thought it was Mafia Island?

Great vids btw Willy! I love Wine of Astonishment. Agree on Marian's performance. Best I've heard his voice in a long, long time.

manu 30 Sep 2014 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfnelson (Post 248252)
According to the set list photographied the new songs were :
1-8 The Wine Of Astonishment
1-10 Mafia
2-1 Giants

If i'm not wrong:
1-10 it's calling "Mafia Island"

2-1 Giants it is an unreleased song from Salvation (the demo version laid on Crazyshow)

Kaz 30 Sep 2014 21:09

I thought this Giants has nothing to do with the one on CS?

wii 30 Sep 2014 21:09

Thanks, it's corrected now.

Videos are best seen directly from YouTube in 1080p :)

shapeseven 30 Sep 2014 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by manu (Post 248258)
2-1 Giants it is an unreleased song from Salvation (the demo version laid on Crazyshow)

This (new Song named) GIANTS has nothing to do with the Giants on any older release. Just the name is the same.

the other songs were, as named right here, The Wine Of Astonishment and Mafia Island.

Kaz 30 Sep 2014 21:50

The last song was indeed Anyway and it was wonderful to hear it live. Made my night.

GuardianAngel 30 Sep 2014 22:12

State of Dreams, Enjoy.

manu 30 Sep 2014 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shapeseven (Post 248262)
This (new Song named) GIANTS has nothing to do with the Giants on any older release. Just the name is the same.

the other songs were, as named right here, The Wine Of Astonishment and Mafia Island.

Thanks for your lightning[wink]

jalmarti 01 Oct 2014 08:55

Wii,
The Wine Of Astonishment (after 50 sec), i recognize your voice ;-) very funny question to Sabrina ;-))))))

jalmarti 01 Oct 2014 08:57

sorry after 26 sec...

Avil 01 Oct 2014 21:08

I really liked the new songs, especially Mafia Island!

Great videos, willy.

*ariAna* 01 Oct 2014 22:57

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting all these wonderful vids!!! [thumbup]

Hamburg 01 Oct 2014 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalmarti (Post 248272)
sorry after 26 sec...

and the answer was just laughter...

hajak 02 Oct 2014 13:35

Thanks for posting this videos for us who couldnt make it to Paris,but I dont understand why they didnt play"A handfull of darkness",the song we all missed on Crog

Mumu 02 Oct 2014 13:41

Maybe there was not enough people voting for it.

On FB, there's also people complaining 'cause "their" song was not on the setlist. It was impossible to have all the songs, even if the show was on the whole night.

Alphaxl 02 Oct 2014 13:44

Summer In Berlin

hajak 02 Oct 2014 15:36

Does someone have the whole song"Mafia Island"recorded???

Krapplund 02 Oct 2014 16:07

Did add Guardian Angel to the first post [wink]

Krapplund 02 Oct 2014 16:45

Halfnelson 04 Oct 2014 12:44

Mafia Islands

Victory Of Love

Giants

Not my videos

MalilaM 04 Oct 2014 20:59

It took me one week to gather all my thoughts and feelings about this Anniversary, but here's my experience:

I have to start by saying I have attended one of the best Alphaville concerts ever, only second to Berlin in 2004. The new versions of the old songs were awsome. For the first time, the music was "tuned" and adapted to Marian's voice and he was much more comfortable singing them. I loved the new arrangement of Guardian Angel, and I was almost moved to tears with Still Falls the Rain and Elegy. In my personal opinion, there were some songs that could have ceded place to others I like more, but they've become a part of the public and shouldn't be spared. I still enjoyed hearing them. I'm thankful for Romeos and Gravitation Breakdown, which I sang (screamed) at the top of my lungs. I would apologize to those standing next to me, but I don't go to an AV concert every day. ;)

As for the new songs, I do like them all. That darkish mood in them, very close to the spirit of Crazy Show, made them immensely attractive for me. I'm really looking forward to the new album. I truly hope it will be the "return" of Alphaville quality standards that many of us kind of missed in CROG.

The whole band was fantastic on stage: David's guitar sounded better than ever, and the energy of Jakob and Maja filled the room with magic. I was very sad for Martin's absence; he was dearly missed. Nevertheless, Carsten's keyboards gave the songs a new kind of shine and he did an excellent job. Welcome, Carsten.

Now the non-neglectable negative side of the story: the suffocating heat in the venue was terrible. I don't think the air conditioning was working (until the end, probably, and it leaked some disgusting liquid from the vent-holes). The security team was rude and we were mistreated, both inside and outside the venue. Some of us had to raise our voice to be let back in after grasping some fresh air and go inside for hanging around with our friends and the band, but still had to bear their bad manners.
The huge disappointment of the night was that no afterparty was held, despite the announcements (or what we interpreted as being announcements) that there would be one. It's the first time in an anniversary that there is only a regular show. I don't want to be misunderstood here: the music, the presence of friends, the magic of the band on stage were worth the trip for me, and I had a marvellous time; but in comparison with previous celebrations, this time there was a lot to be missed.

To somehow compensate for all this, we had the presence of Mr. Bernhard Lloyd and Tobi Prohl in the café La Marmite, until we were also kicked out from there as it closed by 3 am.

Finally, I'll share my anecdote of the night: I was standing beside a French woman who kept updating her Facebook page during the whole concert, which was quite annoying. Then later, during the break of 20 minutes (for smoking, but Mr. Gold had to miss because he had to care for his voice until the end of the show), another one came up and both shared their surprise that there were so many foreigners and very few French people in the venue (oh, even an exotic Mexican!). It had been mostly by chance that they had known about the concert and bought their tickets. The last one had the most irritating impulse to talk to her partner while Marian was speaking. *Gah!*
I wish I had the courage to say to both of them: "don't be mistaken, you are the strangers here". [misch]
Anyway, the good vibe in the venue, the cool music, the fantastic company to share this experience, compensated anything else.

Thank you Alphaville for giving me the best of times, the best of friends and the best of music.
Thank you Utopians for the warmth, the love, the friendship we've shared over the years. And thank you for the many pleasant hours of company and conversation that you shared with me.
Thank you Tobi for all the work you do for the community.
Thank you Claudia for your kindness towards me always.

Love is the answer. [love2]

Kaz 04 Oct 2014 21:20

Lovely review Malila! I wish I had met that French woman. You know what I would have done...[wink]

Mumu 04 Oct 2014 21:29

For the security team, whatever the place you go, lots behave the same way (welcome to France *sigh*).

And for the air conditionner.... well, I felt like butter in the sun !

But for the French fans... [banghead] when I tried to make some of them understand that, they didn't believe me (no, the others behave in a weird way, none of the French fans did, and that's obvious, AV is very well known in France). [bah]

Well, I prefer being in the dreamroom, and you're right, Malila, It was a tremendous show. I've sung as loudly as I could almost every song, as many people did. It was like gliding with the music.
And even if I regret the lack of after show, I was very happy to spend some hours with some of you. Shame I couldn't stay a few days in Paris.

I hope next time, I'll spend more time with all of you.

MalilaM 04 Oct 2014 22:11

@Kaz: I would have loved to leave them to you. [mean]

@Mumu: Well, security teams are the same everywhere, I'm afraid, but I think I was shocked because I felt I was a special guest and shouldn't be treated like that.
Anyway, it was fantastic to meet you there and that we had a chance to let our languages run wild. [smile2]

Kaz 04 Oct 2014 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalilaM (Post 248333)
...both shared their surprise that there were so many foreigners and very few French people in the venue

She must have had a heart attack then when Marian started singing in German [wink]

MalilaM 04 Oct 2014 22:38

I bet. Of the "odd" songs, she only seemed to have known Jerusalem. [smile]

Mumu 05 Oct 2014 09:03

Most French people only know FY or AIU. Some know both of them.
They may have thought that it was like the show "âge tendre et tête de bois", where singers and bands of the eighties sing only these old songs, and have no others.
Almost all don't know that AV still exist.

I hope next time, I'll be able to speak spanish as well as you speak french ;)