Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Alphaville News (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Alphaville Whisky A Go Go Box Set - The Ultimate Collector's Item (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=3670)

Foolship1077 11 May 2018 07:02

Alphaville Whisky A Go Go Box Set - The Ultimate Collector's Item

http://laconcertgroup.com/2018/04/al...-info-may2018/

While the LA Concert Group is setting up for live streaming during the Whiskey A Go Go weekend, they are also making a box set to commemorate the event!

No streaming necessary to pre-order this thing, it's gonna have more discs (combined DVDs and CDs) than even Dreamscapes, and considerably cheaper...$200 US (plus a $20 fee).

The weirdest part is that you get a "ticket" that usually gets redeemed for concerts, but as far as I can tell, it will merely act as a receipt. I doubt I'd have to show it to get it out of my post office box, but you never know.

As far as the streaming goes, there are two choices that you'll see in the link.

humanracer 14 May 2018 20:36

Isn't this just the boxset of the two live shows plus blu ray + DVD.
It's a nice boxset and I respect the business idea but in my view it is too expensive.

MarianGoldfan123 14 May 2018 21:04

It is... The thread title is poorly worded. I know 1077 had good intentions, but the way he / she worded the topic's title could have been a bit better.

I'm hoping to Christ on a cracker that a new Dreamscapes will come out some day... I've heard conflicting information from 2 different people who have close ties to the band regarding it...

humanracer 14 May 2018 21:10

I would buy this boxset if they chucked even 2 DS discs as a bonus. But it is too expensive for me, even with the complete FY album being performed live.

emilzone 23 May 2018 21:10

20 years ago, financial crisis hit my country and the local currency plunged an incredible rate against US Dollar. I could only sit idly and watch with envy other fans getting their DS boxset. I am not going to let the chance slip by this time, now that I can afford to purchase the WAGG boxset :p

MarianGoldfan123 24 May 2018 09:59

I need to buy myself Dreamscapes and CrazyShow someday... They're just so expensive. i have the Revisited release in the FLAC format, but it's missing a number of songs. Not a boatload were left out, but a few good ones, such as Joyride and If The Audience Was Listening, were.

4everyoung 26 May 2018 10:07

Is there a link where you can buy the cd and dvd of the shows only and price please thanks john [smile]

Foolship1077 04 Jun 2018 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4everyoung (Post 259356)
Is there a link where you can buy the cd and dvd of the shows only and price please thanks john [smile]

I'm pretty sure the only way you'll get those is if you order the whole thing. They never really planned on the discs by themselves.

Sorry for my wording, MGF123, but I never was that good with words.

Alphaxl 18 Jun 2018 18:02

Does have somebody a link to buy this amazing box ?
I found one on the internet but it is a little bit "strange", I wanted to be sure I've got the good link [?]
Thanx for the answers [beer]

jetset 18 Jun 2018 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphaxl (Post 259462)
Does have somebody a link to buy this amazing box ?

Official link:
http://laconcertgroup.com/alphaville-ubx-box-sets/

http://laconcertgroup.com/wp-content...eUSA-comSM.jpg

Alphaxl 18 Jun 2018 19:34

Thanx a lot, I find your link is better than mine [wave]

http://www.itsmyseat.com/events/988552.html

tjommen 21 Jul 2018 20:04

when will this box be released ????

Foolship1077 24 Jul 2018 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjommen (Post 259588)
when will this box be released ????

They gave a very vague time frame. The info on the set upon pre-order said it would take three to six months after the shows so that they could edit everything properly.

So we're looking at anywhere between late August and late November, if not later.

alphaandre 29 Jul 2018 16:54

so ... i´m still waiting..i´ve ordered it in november 2017 ...for 200 USD...got a confirming mail...but with this mail conformation they said i only buyed the stream....for 200 USD ((! a stream) (are they stupid or crazy)....i´m looking forward to august...hopefully i will get the BluyRay.

AmberVonAvalon 31 Jul 2018 15:15

Did you respond to them, Alphaandre? I'm sure they were able to clear that up. They've been absolutely wonderful :)

I'm soooo looking forward to the box arrival! It'll be like Christmas!

Krapplund 02 Aug 2018 21:38

Can´t wait for the BOX!!! [beer]

Alphaxl 07 Aug 2018 09:58

Mail from yesterday [wink]

Hello fellow Alphaville Fans!

We just wanted to give you a small update on the progress of the Whisky a Go Go box set.

The video editing is all but complete for the two night shows and we are just waiting for the final mix audio mix from Alphaville, so it can all be compiled and put together for the DVD/Blu-ray pack.

The work on the accompanying book and project is well underway as well. We hope everything will be going to press before the end of August, assuming we have all of the materials that have to go together for this compiled from all of the different people working on them.

The box should be ready for shipping in October so we will give you other updates when we get them.

If you have any questions between now and then please ask them at www.AlphavilleUSA.com in the Facebook comments area then we can post all of the FAQ’s for people to see.

Thank you and we are super excited to get everyone’s reactions when this box set comes out.

ceratiano 15 Aug 2018 04:37

I was bored seeing the two nights a million times,

Alphaxl 05 Oct 2018 20:46

jetset 07 Oct 2018 10:36

1 Attachment(s)
The auto-generated subs were on...[laugh]

MalilaM 09 Oct 2018 00:36

Those subtitles are even more useless than Google Translate when it began. [laugh]

Krapplund 26 Oct 2018 21:11

Brady says that the box will be shipped out before christmas....sound good! [beer][beer]

hardin 02 Nov 2018 21:34

Good things happen to those who wait :)
... den som väntar på nåt gott ��

Krapplund 03 Nov 2018 13:31

Thru and I can wait a looooong time to hear me sing [laugh][laugh]

Alphaxl 05 Nov 2018 18:57

Mixing @FTAlphaville Live @TheWhiskyAGoGo with the fantastic Universal @UAudio @Apollox8p and Apollo Twins.

http://i68.tinypic.com/fbi9a9.jpg

hardin 06 Nov 2018 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krapplund (Post 259956)
Thru and I can wait a looooong time to hear me sing [laugh][laugh]

Haha! Actually the only reason I order the box ;)

Krapplund 06 Nov 2018 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardin (Post 259960)
Haha! Actually the only reason I order the box ;)

Sure, sure Hardin [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Alphaxl 11 Nov 2018 07:10

Dear Alphaville Box Set Holders and Fans,
Exciting updates- we are getting very close to having the boxes ready!

The latest update for you on the progress of the Box Set production:

This last week on Wednesday, we have received the final mastering of the Audio files directly from Alphaville, and we are now going to the printing phase of the Box Sets (Printing of the Box, the photo book, pressing of the CDs and Blu Ray DVDs).

At this point, we estimate all the printing done by end of November/Early December, and we anticipate shipments starting between December 10 to December 15th.

We will be emailing updates in the coming weeks about the progress and shipment details.
We appreciate your support and patience in this historic project! The box design and the audio quality is amazing, and will be a box set you will love to have in your Alphaville collection.

Regards,
LA Concert Group, Brady Harper.

Mart 04 Dec 2018 12:31

Received the E mail. The box set looks stunning[smile_big]

Foolship1077 05 Dec 2018 00:54

I picked the red edges for the book pages. What say you?

Though given who we're talking about, I'm surprised they didn't go with a nice BREATHTAKING BLUE.

Mart 05 Dec 2018 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foolship1077 (Post 260069)
I picked the red edges for the book pages. What say you?

Though given who we're talking about, I'm surprised they didn't go with a nice BREATHTAKING BLUE.

I went for the Black [smile_big]

Krapplund 19 Dec 2018 20:37

Can´t wait to have it my hand.....just to wait for 15th january and some week for delivery

Foolship1077 19 Dec 2018 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krapplund (Post 260133)
Can´t wait to have it my hand.....just to wait for 15th january and some week for delivery

I hear ya, K. I get the updates for the delays and stuff, too, but it'll definitely be worth waiting for in the end, I'm sure of it!

Mart 06 Jan 2019 14:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcTk_JTaGxM

Is there 3D included?

Krapplund 06 Jan 2019 14:25

No 3D.....

Mart 06 Jan 2019 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krapplund (Post 260207)
No 3D.....

There is 3d in the footage with the link

Krapplund 06 Jan 2019 14:33

Don't trust the uploader Ofer Nahum....he/she destry for the AV fans.....l would not spread his/her clips on youtube

Krapplund 06 Jan 2019 20:56

MarianGoldfan123 07 Jan 2019 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krapplund (Post 260209)
Don't trust the uploader Ofer Nahum....he/she destry for the AV fans.....l would not spread his/her clips on youtube

I wish his channel could just get taken down already! [banghead]

tjommen 08 Jan 2019 19:49

some in Sweden know if the box comes in the postbox or we pick it up at the post office??