Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Dream Polls (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How often do you hear AV on the radio? (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=1770)

MalilaM 09 Oct 2012 18:19

Nice!! [beer]
That is so unlikely to happen on Mexican radio. ;(

Krapplund 10 Oct 2012 03:35

It's unlikely here in Sweden also, but I did "pay" to get them played hehehe the radio in Sweden collect money to "världens barn" or in English, "kids of the world". And if you pay 5 euro you get your song that you want played on radio...and the money goes to kids around the world to help them with food, school and so on....so great music on the radio and money to the kids :)

MalilaM 12 Oct 2012 03:19

Oh, cool idea! [beer]
Very unlikely to happen on Mexican radio too, unfortunately. ;(

Silva88 12 Oct 2012 20:47

AV's songs are rare guests on ukrainian radio, unfortunately, but today I heard BIJ on one radio station and FY on another, that's great!

Krapplund 12 Oct 2012 22:17

Rumor says it that I won a prize after I did send a sms and desired the song Call Me with my mobile...lets see if they from the radio contact me [wink]

MalilaM 12 Oct 2012 23:20

Nice, congratulations, Peter! [beer]

Silva88 15 Oct 2012 22:11

Congratulations, Krapplund[wink]
Curious to know, what will be your reward))

Krapplund 16 Oct 2012 06:14

I got the prize yesterday, 2 soccer-tickets to Sweden - Italy....its the U21 team and not the "real" soccer-team....but will be fun. The game is today....

Petite Keyboardist 25 Oct 2012 03:33

I never hear AV played on the radio.

Monyka 04 Jan 2013 17:21

I'm happy for two reasons:
The Alphaville songs still play on radio here in So Paulo / Brazil, Forever Young and Big in Japan.
Are not forgotten, despite the long absence.
According to the band's official website, Brazil is among the countries wishing to visit a term not yet determined.
I know that there are amazing opportunities to see Marian Gold and hear his wonderful voice live!
Love Alphaville forever!

Krapplund 17 Dec 2013 09:26

They did play Forever Young right now on the radio....and also some days ago

Mumu 17 Dec 2013 20:02

Sometimes Forever Young and Big in Japan, here, on RFM.

Pitesina 07 Feb 2014 14:44

I feel very surprised. Yesterday night, arriving at home, I turned on the TV. Guess what? There was a music program named "Sonico" and after A-ha (Take on me), Alphaville played BIJ!!!

I was very happy!!! I had never heard AV playing in a TV program!

ElizabethMalott 24 Jul 2017 01:46

I know right? Even in America I never hear my favorite band... Or am I at the wrong channel?

I listen to WEBM most of the time. If anyone in America knows where Alphaville is playing, please tell me!

Thank You!

MarianGoldfan123 24 Jul 2017 03:28

Never! I've never heard AV once on the radio here in the US. It kinda irks me that his music is mostly constrained to Europe.

mdeconno 24 Jul 2017 18:31

Once or twice on Sirius/XM Radio Channel 8 "80s", last year. Forever Young only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElizabethMalott (Post 258279)
I know right? Even in America I never hear my favorite band... Or am I at the wrong channel?

I listen to WEBM most of the time. If anyone in America knows where Alphaville is playing, please tell me!

Thank You!

Verdana 28 Jul 2017 18:44

The last time I heard an AV song on the radio was 3 month ago on the Dutch radio station Radio 10. It was Big in Japan.

lunarclair 01 Jan 2018 22:15

They played Big in Japan at the shopping complex recently,followed by Spandau Ballet ,the 80's are back yahoo ! [laugh]

karinraneklint 02 Jan 2018 18:08

I heard Big in Japan two days ago while driving to work (Sweden). I always listen to a station that only plays music from the 70s, 80s and 90s, they even have a part from BIJ in one of their jingles!

Krapplund 02 Jan 2018 19:13

Ones a week on P4 Kalmar.....and all the different radiostations under P4 play the same songs.....so Sweden get Alphaville [wink]

karinraneklint 03 Jan 2018 20:50

It happend again today!
Dull though that the only song the stations are plaing is BIJ, would love to hear Romeos on the radio!

hajak 04 Jan 2018 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinraneklint (Post 258994)
It happend again today!
Dull though that the only song the stations are plaing is BIJ, would love to hear Romeos on the radio!

Romeos will probably never happen,The only songs they play in sweden is BIJ and FY,Its a Little strange that they dont play SLAM or Dance with me at all

AmberVonAvalon 05 Jan 2018 22:50

I almost never listen to typical radio. If I do happen to listen then it's on subscription like Sirius XM.

Ana 05 Nov 2019 09:58

Last Friday,while I was at the doctors waiting room ,at Kiss FM on the radio Forever Young was playing.In fact,on the Spanish radio is usual listening Alphaville regularly because there is The M 8O station and Kiss FM that is all about succesful songs in 80,90 until now

Ana 05 Nov 2019 10:13

Likewise,yesterday in a tv program called Saber y ganar ,the participants had to guess who were the three bands who were playing at the same time.Immediatly I recognised the unmistakable Alphaville' sound.The other bands were Simple mind :don't you forget about me and tears for fears:everybody wants to rule the world

Lunapark 06 Dec 2019 23:00

Tonight in a tv program:Ven a cenar conmigo Forever young was playing in the background

MarianGoldfan123 07 Dec 2019 14:57

Never. The tightwads who run the radio stations here in America only know how to play mainstream bottom of the barrel garbage!

Lunapark 28 Jan 2020 14:05

I've just listened the beautiful Forever Young on a Tv program while they were talking about Kobe Bryant,s death

Clare 05 Jan 2022 20:44

I was at my doctor's this afternoon and Forever Young was playing. Just checked the playlist for the most likely station and it was radio 2. Normally we only hear Big in Japan.

MalilaM 06 Jan 2022 04:35

It's been a long time since I don't listen to the radio. Since I moved to a smaller city, the radio here is rather annoying, but BIJ and FY are still commonly played on "oldies" stations. [laugh]

Clare 06 Jan 2022 17:47

I don't either. I wouldn't have heard FY if I'd not got to the medical centre a little early.