Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Dream Polls (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How often do you hear AV on the radio? (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=1770)

russharvey 27 Jun 2007 22:05

I wish I could hear them on the radio, but here even when they play oldies from the 80's we very rarely hear anything but Forever Young and I have not heard that on the radio in at least 7 years.

Trond 27 Jun 2007 22:26

Forever Young and Big In Japan is pretty often on radio in Norway.
Too often actually..

Kaz 11 Jul 2007 18:52

In the middle of cutting lengths of wallpaper yesterday I was interrupted by BIJ on the radio (SWR3).

Adiville 11 Jul 2007 23:51

Do you guys also have the feeling that whenever there is AV song on the radio its ONLY for you ??
[laugh][party]

*ariAna* 26 Feb 2008 15:58

I voted daily because my local radio station rediscovered AV several weeks ago and now Big In Japan and Forever Young are in heavy rotation. [spin]

TheBlue 26 Feb 2008 16:36

I think if I listened radio more I could hear it weekly, but since I listen it so little I hear Big in Japan or Forever Young maybe once a year. Sometimes more, depends on how lucky I am. Anyway I'm not very good one to answer this one, because I don't listen to radio nearly at all. (That's because there aren't any good stations in Finland :D) There is one station that plays lot's of 80's songs and I've heard AV from it couple of times.

Adiville :) indeed there is that kind of feeling. Alphaville is quite small name in Finland nowadays. Everyone knows Forever Young, but usually when I mention Alphaville people goes [bigeyes] and dont know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's because I'm younger generation than most of AV fans. Anyway I haven't found many other new fans, so I feel that they play for me :)

Foolship1077 28 Feb 2008 05:54

With the occasional exception on XM Radio (Fred on 44), there's never a station on our radio that plays AV. I did hear FY on a station once, but that radio station is long gone now.

Fools. They don't know what they're missing!

Kaz 13 Mar 2008 20:59

OK, wasn't quite radio but store radio in our local shopping mall. This afternoon, I was having a massage in one of those massage chair thingies in the middle of the mall when all of a sudden I heard BIJ in the distance. Great massage!

Krapplund 12 Apr 2008 17:40

Here you can listen to a quize.....10 intros and if you can answer all you get 10 points!

http://www.sr.se/webbradio/?Type=db&Id=1100700

Foolship1077 23 May 2008 06:40

At this very moment, XM 44 (Fred) is doing the Fred Essentials, the top 2044 alternative songs in their library, ranging from all over the dang ol' place.

Heard AVOL today, ranked at #1505!

lorenzo 10 Jun 2008 09:44

in my country , depends on radio station, i voted for monthly because i listened songs of alphaville more than a month at year. but i donīt listen the radio normally.greetings.

fishbones 20 Sep 2008 19:07

Omg, i can't even remember the last time i heard AV on the radio. It has been quite a few years. [sad]

Mateusz 20 Sep 2008 19:23

if i hear something, then it's only Big In Japan or Forever Young :(:(:(

FallenAngel 20 Sep 2008 19:35

On the radio no more but I gave a MP3 player with AV to my mother and she listen to it every day!

Katrin 20 Sep 2008 20:36

JP: Really? WOW! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I listen for some weeks Dance with me 2001 on the radio. Its a wonder and its very rare I think [smile]

Kaz 21 Sep 2008 14:44

Heard BIJ on the radio on Saturday in the pub and then they turned it off half way through to test the sound equipment for the guy who was playing there in the evening (and he was a crazy freak but bloody good! I left at 1.30 in the morning!)

wii 09 May 2009 20:48

One of our most famous DJs Jørgen Mylius, played "Dance With Me" today, and talked a little about Marian and Bernhard and what their really names are, quite cool to get all that on national radio in May 2009 [wink]

Richani 09 May 2009 20:59

Voted weekly... but it depends on how many times a week I annoy them with my request phonecalls ^__^

colette 09 May 2009 21:04

I voted never - suprised they do not play AV on 80s radio stations here in UK.

Richani 09 May 2009 21:10

I would complain as much as I could [smile][smile][smile]

Do all the 80's radio stations there got screwed up as well with the cheap-ass-low-quality sounds anno 2009? [bigmouth]

TheBlue 10 May 2009 07:22

I've voted weekly already before, but I've noticed that there is a radio station here in Finland that plays AV practically daily. Now that I got a job, and station is there tuned on almost every day, I've heard lot of Big In Japan, (and always think that it's actually my phone ringing [smile2])

fishbones 10 May 2009 08:39

Big in Japan was played on Radio 2 here about 3 months ago. My friend got all excited and rung me on my mobile to tell me. Sadly i didn't hear it as i was in the school playground waiting for my kids to finish school. So i went on the website and listened to the whole show later in the evening.

colette 10 May 2009 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richani (Post 171942)
I would complain as much as I could [smile][smile][smile]

Do all the 80's radio stations there got screwed up as well with the cheap-ass-low-quality sounds anno 2009? [bigmouth]

They do play some good 80s here but just not my beloved AV. Sharon and Clare have said Radio 2 have played them in the past so I am going to write to Terry Wogan and ask (he is the breakfast DJ on Radio 2 by the way and he is a national treasure!)

FallenAngel 10 May 2009 19:57

Funny part is that when AV is on the radio it is my mother who recognise them!
When you don't expect them then you hear them.

Ville_de_Alpha 16 May 2009 15:47

never hear it, forever young maybe once every 6 months

Richani 16 May 2009 15:48

try Radio Veronica [wink] Big chance you'll hear it at least twice a week if were lucky. Today it was FY [smile]

colette 25 May 2009 18:24

I heard AV 3 times on the radio yesterday and twice today!! Not a UK radio station though - found a german radio station that only plays 80s music. Have been tuned in constantly for 2 days now! No need for me to write to Terry Wogan now.....

Pitesina 01 Jul 2009 23:04

I hear Forever young and Big in Japan once a year [cry] (just these two songs). I canīt find a radio station with AV music. Thatīs very bad !!!!! [sad] Do somebody knows a radio station with their music here in Mexico??

MalilaM 01 Jul 2009 23:06

Have you never heard Universal, Radio Red or Mix??? They play BIJ and FY almost every day.

Pitesina 01 Jul 2009 23:09

My favorite radio station is Unversal... Iīll try Radio Red and Mix... and will tell you what I found! :-)

fishbones 02 Jul 2009 00:09

Wow, i would love to hear AV on the radio a little more often than once in a blue moon. Colette, what is the name of the station?

Quote:

Originally Posted by colette (Post 173256)
I heard AV 3 times on the radio yesterday and twice today!! Not a UK radio station though - found a german radio station that only plays 80s music. Have been tuned in constantly for 2 days now! No need for me to write to Terry Wogan now.....

colette 02 Jul 2009 17:44

Sharon - it is called 'FFH Die 80-er - they are playing Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the moment so Willy would like it as well!

fishbones 02 Jul 2009 23:07

Thanks for the info colette, i will have a listen.

colette 03 Jul 2009 18:22

Here's a link if you want to listen in: http://radiotime.com/station/s_84481/FFH_Die_80-ER.aspx they have just played DM, Erasure, OMD and Eurythmics one after the other - 80's heaven!!!!! C x

lorenzo 26 Aug 2009 18:25

In the eighties, i was hear AV in one radio channel called RADIO LUXEMBOURG, of one international channel, also i was hear to SANDRA, was a fantastic moment and i feel a lot of pleasure to remember that.[smile2]

Richani 26 Aug 2009 18:38

Our once-so-good biggest 80's radio station is being shitty for not playing any AV since the last few weeks.....They can expect some nice phonecalls from me this weekend for sure ^___^

colette 26 Aug 2009 19:31

Give 'em hell Richani! How outrageous!

Pitesina 12 Sep 2009 00:16

I canīt believe it!!!

Yesterday I heard Forever young and today Big in Japan!!

Richani 12 Sep 2009 11:49

Yesterday we had a special hitlist from september 1984 on the radio where people could vote for the 10 best songs. SLAM was one of the songs but nobody voted for it [cry] Come on Dutch people its Alphavilleeee !!!![weeping]

Richani 10 Dec 2009 17:17

Ohh yeeeey I was on Radio Veronica again !!! [smile2] Was bored as hell on my work and so I requested an AV song by sms and guess what.. cellphone rang 5 seconds later and I got asked to have a little talk about the band that I requested (yeah so more promotion for AV [drink]) scary to hear myself talking on the radio though [laugh]