Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom

Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom (https://www.alphaville.org/index.php)
-   Dream Polls (https://www.alphaville.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How often do you hear AV on the radio? (https://www.alphaville.org/showthread.php?t=1770)

Clare 14 Mar 2005 19:27

I moved to Germany in 1989 and rarely heard Alphaville

JaJaJa 15 Mar 2005 01:22

I assume you will hear AV more often on east german radio stations.

Alphavile 16 Mar 2005 17:18

AV in Radio??? In CZ every day, but only songs Jerusalem, SLAM, BIJ, FY, DWM and Jet Set.. I want Iron John als song in Radio, or Ascension day, Sensations, AVOL... AV have very much good songs, what no playing in Radio.

Alien 16 Apr 2005 15:15

It's funny. When I was going home by bus after my German lesson on Wednesday the driver was listening to the radio station where AV comes up once in a while. And "Forever Young" did come up. Today when I was going home by bus with the other driver he was listening to the other radio station. And this time "Big In Japan" came up. [smile2]

FallenAngel 16 Apr 2005 15:35

Very good busses they have there![approve]

Alien 16 Apr 2005 15:38

You should have tried to go somewhere by one of those buses to see how good they are. [laugh]
I was just lucky. Lucky that the drivers were listening to these 2 stations that play AV sometimes. Lucky that I heard the songs. [smile2]

FallenAngel 16 Apr 2005 15:46

I don't take buses, only when my car is in the garage...

And to hear AV when I drive car I play a cd in my car-radio, so I can say I hear them everytime when I listen to the radio!!!

JaJaJa 16 Apr 2005 17:23

In our busses you usually don't hear music, probably it's even forbidden [yuck]

Alien 16 Apr 2005 17:55

That's in the bus that goes 1 hour without stops. Express bus. So the drivers put some radio on for themselves. And the passengers sitting in the first rows can hear that....

MalilaM 18 Apr 2005 16:32

@Justus: you don't know how lucky you are... if you knew what can be heard in Mexico City's public transport... [crazy]

...still, there are times when drivers tune an eighties-music station and there is BIJ or FY playing there [smile2]

Alien 14 May 2005 14:18

When I was driving home half-asleep in bus today I suddenly felt the need to turn on the radio. I did, tuned on the only station working good at the place we were and heard the intro of SLAM. Why is it so great to hear AV on the radio even when we have all their records??? Those strings in the end.......

Kaz 15 May 2005 12:01

@ Alien

It's great because we smile with pride and show off, knowing that Marian Gold knows us, he does! [laugh] Joking of course...

Alien 15 May 2005 16:45

@Kaz: yeah, you're right. Each time it's "I know him personally and all of you don't!" [laugh]

louri Brazil 01 Jun 2005 19:02

I do it three times a week, it is mostly Big In Japan and Forever Young, but It doesn´t matter how many times i request Sounds Like Melody theyu never play it.

slam 07 Jul 2005 14:33

During my working days Forever Young has been playing on the radio 3 times this week! That gives more enthusiasm for my working!

rutgerhauer 08 Jul 2005 11:30

Once, maybe two times a week. Usually -Dance With Me- or FY. Not bad. Could be better though...

Ariana Dreamer 11 Jul 2005 14:04

I voted monthly. Maybe that's because I don't listen to the radio as much as I used to. But it's kind of boring that everytime av is beeing played on the radio it's always Forever Young or Big In japan. Don't think I've ever heard any other av song on the radio... not that I can think of...

Trond 09 Dec 2005 04:44

In Norway they are playing Alphaville all the time on the radio. Some of my friends asked me some time ago if there was a new album coming, or something special since AV is played 2x hour all day long. In periods Big In Japan and FR David - Words has been played so often that the listeners almost are going tired of the songs - and they are getting angry when they hear Alphaville. That is too bad, though...

TheMoonBoy 14 Dec 2005 18:16

I've heard FY (very often) BIJ (sometimes) and SLAM (one time) on Swedish radio...

Krapplund 14 Dec 2005 19:37

SLAM just one time on swedish radio? Than you don´t listen offen hehehe

I have heard all 3 singles offen on swedish radio...on national radio and on lokalradios....

TheMoonBoy 14 Dec 2005 20:04

Well no, I listen very rarely to radio, since I'm not into today's radio music. Besides, I used to live in Linköping all my life before two years ago and there there weren't any of the national commercial stations until this summer, only local stations. When I worked I heard radio all the time but I still only struck upon it once.

Also, I wasn't a fan of AV before Oct 2002 so that probably also plays its part...

Lisa 14 Dec 2005 21:54

As I almost never listen to the radio I never hear AV. Rix FM (the only working station on my stereo) are only sending new "shit-music" (hmm.. some ok commersial music too...)

Trond 15 Dec 2005 12:54

I often listen to "NRK MP3 radiostation." They plays dance/trance like Ian Van Dahl, ATB, Scooter, Dina etc etc.
And very often Interactive is played with their version of "Forever Young."

bowler_one 19 Dec 2005 11:57

I hardly listen to the radio, just the news and such, but there's a spanish radio Station called "Kiss FM" where they play Forever Young almost daily. They are also aired on another one called "Europa FM".

Krapplund 20 Dec 2005 14:13

Listen right now to Alphaville - Forever Young at the radio....

[xmas]

PolygonLife 20 Dec 2005 15:59

Not often, but we´ve got a radiostation called
Radio Nova here what plays Alphaville everyday at least once/day.
And usually they play Big in Japan or Forever Young suprise suprise :)

Krapplund 31 Jan 2006 17:12

I heard Sounds Like A Melody for 2 min ago at the radio.....YEAH!

Krapplund 16 Feb 2006 16:47

have been listening to a webradio that are playing synth....and than they played Alphaville with the song Days Full Of Wonder hehehe....didn´t expect to hear Alphaville and not that song on this webradio....nice nice

russharvey 16 Feb 2006 19:13

Alphaville on the radio? Here? Not likely..... FY is the only one I have ever heard and always on those Remember the 80's shows. Sad.

DreamGirl 19 Feb 2006 07:41

Listening right now to " Big in Japan " on local radio station " Maxima FM "

Trond 08 Mar 2006 08:22

Now I am listening to NRK P4 radiostation, and they are playing "Forever Young". That is the 4. time this week they are playing FY.

Clare 10 Nov 2006 13:10

I was wandering down Fort William High Street yesterday, looking for a birthday present for my mother when I passed some builders with a radio on. Big in Japan was playing! I think I had a very happy grin on my face.

FallenAngel 10 Nov 2006 13:33

Yesterday 3 times!!! That was a great day!!

Lisa 10 Nov 2006 13:46

Yesterday! One time! Forever Young! Burger King! Kastrup!

wii 10 Nov 2006 14:15

What are you doing in my city ?

Lisa 10 Nov 2006 14:23

I was looking for you!

wii 10 Nov 2006 14:39

I´m here !!!!

Kaz 23 Jun 2007 10:31

Went to our staff dinner last night and had a great time. Was an even better night when on the way home, just as we were pulling into our town, D said to the taxi driver to put the radio on as it was too quiet and he turned it on slap bang in the middle of BIJ! Is D psychic or what???

And then he enthused that he is a major Alphaville fan and proceeded to tell the poor guy all about the gig in Butzbach [laugh]

Adiville 23 Jun 2007 15:34

If last time i said weekly then now its probably daily.
The radio in Israel really love AV and you can hear them very often [beer]

Krapplund 25 Jun 2007 11:20

I hear Forever Young at the radio right now!!!