PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

wii
02 Feb 2005, 16:09
As our private messages is getting quite big on the database, Iīve decided to delete ALL private messages 2 weeks from now - the 19 Feb 2005 and re-install the code to fix some bugs and adding new features.

Please make sure you save the private messages you need before the date: 19 Feb 2005.

FallenAngel
02 Feb 2005, 18:56
The new features will add a way to export some messages, delete a message when you are reading it (now you read it and have to closed it before you can delete it)?

wii
02 Feb 2005, 18:58
1. Export ? Donīt think so.
2. You can already delete a message while reading it ?

Feel free to comment on my old post about private messages:

I use my PM for short private messages, so I never have more than 5 messages or so in inbox, if thereīs something I need to keep I save the text on my PC. I believe this is what the PM feature is for. Each member can of course use it as they please, but next version will have a limit, why? because it takes space on the database, which I would rather save for messages everyone can see and read and enjoy. Remember, we donīt have unlimited space around here, and even though we are doing fine now, we should insure that we at least try to limit non-necessary space, as we want the dreamroom to exists for many years in the future without having to pay large amounts of money on webspace (which is not cheap, if we want to keep it as fast and stable as it is now).

poul e
02 Feb 2005, 21:16
1 feature I would really like to have is the possibility to go from pm to pm instead of having to go to the pm menu everytime. This will make it 100% easier/faster to delete messages.

wii
02 Feb 2005, 21:25
Iīll try to have that ready asap poul e.

Alien
03 Feb 2005, 00:54
phew... it took some time, but at least finally finished what I started back in autumn 2003 - saving my PMs! Thanks for alert. I'm ready now. [smile]

slam
03 Feb 2005, 15:27
Plenty of time, no rush....

I like the whole pm thing very much as it is, Willy.

MalilaM
03 Feb 2005, 18:44
Thank you, Willy. I hope I will have time to clean my inbox this weekend.

I would like to have the possibility of deleting sent messages while reading it, as it is with incoming messages.

AmberVonAvalon
07 Feb 2005, 06:44
ohhhh noooo my lovely lovely private messages!!! LOL! I don't know where I can save them elsewhere. I'll have to think on this.

Avil
07 Feb 2005, 08:48
I don't use that function too much anymore, but when I went through my old ones....oooh memories.

AmberVonAvalon
07 Feb 2005, 18:10
*exactly what Avil said*

Mags
07 Feb 2005, 20:11
Wish I knew a fast way to do this ... just saved the PMs back to Dec 2003. Thanks for giving us advance warning, Willy...

wii
16 Feb 2005, 22:38
I will give this more time, since I donīt have time to do the update just yet.

wii
18 Feb 2005, 23:09
All PMs deleted, any complaints, send me a PM [wink]

No new features...yet. Go to our usual topic for problems/suggestions and so on...

http://www.alphaville.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=167