PDA

View Full Version : DJ @sker - Forever Young 2003

Tommie
02 Sep 2003, 10:13
another cover of Forever Young...

DJ @sker (mp3.com) (http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/268/dj_sker.html)

Avil
07 Sep 2003, 20:54
Thank you.
Nice to see that people are still keeping the good name of AV up!

But this cover is boring. Similar to Interactives cover one minute, the other...zzzzZzz

Kaz
08 Sep 2003, 11:07
Ok, mixed feelings...

* Sounds too much like the Interactive cover.
* Got the chords wrong in some parts so it sounds completely different to the original
* Good promotion for AV nevertheless
* But if they have to use an AV song, for crying out loud use something different! The whole world and his wife's remixed, rehashed and revamped FY! People who are not 'in the know' will think this is the only song they've ever done!

Having said all that, there is one opinion I can definitely state - I think it's total crap.

Tommie
08 Sep 2003, 16:07
Kaz - I found a cover of Big In Japan by a group from Chile at the same time (see topic): Alien Orbiter Explorer - Big In Japan (http://www.alphaville.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1696)

One of the covers I like best is Planlos version of To Germany With Love. Mainly because it's a not so well-known song and in german.

Kaz
08 Sep 2003, 16:26
Heard the BIJ cover too - another one that's total crap...IMO of course...[wink]

FallenAngel
08 Sep 2003, 19:40
The cover of FEY is not that bad, heard worst already, but I miss the voice of Marian.

Kaz
08 Sep 2003, 19:43
Well, we've always got Marian no matter what...

SPAWN
17 Sep 2003, 10:32
[crazy][censored][bah][banghead]

quote:Originally posted by Alphaville_S.M.IČ.L.E

Avil
20 Sep 2003, 10:08
quote:Originally posted by SPAWN

[crazy][censored][bah][banghead]

LOL acctually, your smileys are enought to explain what you thought about the song. I agree! Haha!

FallenAngel
20 Sep 2003, 18:01
Not happy with it?????[wink]

Avil
20 Sep 2003, 18:38
quote:Originally posted by FallenAngel

Not happy with it?????[wink]

I guess the answer is obvious.

Jonatan
20 Sep 2003, 19:00
I like teh cover!!!
NOW DRINK SOME BEER AND DANCE!

FallenAngel
20 Sep 2003, 19:03
Yes ! People listen to the wise words of Jonatan -->> Drink some beer and dance!!!!

[approve]

Kaz
20 Sep 2003, 20:04
Well, I'm drinking the beer, not dancing much as I sit here...and I still don't like it [laugh]

FallenAngel
20 Sep 2003, 20:17
Not enough beer ! That is it!!!! [approve]

russharvey
11 Oct 2003, 21:34
That is why I think its cool when somebody does a cover of something different - like the Marshall and Alexander cover of The Impossible Dream - its not bad, and at least its not the 5 millionth cover of FY!!

Alien
13 Oct 2003, 21:23
Just got to listen to it... it's not very bad... but it's Forever Young...
how many more versions of FY will we hear?

russharvey
14 Oct 2003, 02:20
I think I remember Bernhard saying that he knew of hundreds....... there are probably countless more we will never hear...... not saying that is a bad thing by the way........

Alien
14 Oct 2003, 08:54
my problem is that I don't really like FY... [smile2]

FallenAngel
14 Oct 2003, 12:34
And why not?

wii
14 Oct 2003, 13:22
@Alien, you must be the only person I know who doesnŽt like FY.

Alien
14 Oct 2003, 14:37
I'm unique? [laugh]
I have my reasons...

wii
14 Oct 2003, 14:52
@Alien ?

Kaz
14 Oct 2003, 14:58
@ Alien
I understand...

Alien
14 Oct 2003, 15:19
too long to tell. and I don't really think it's right topic for that. In couple of word I have psychological problems... [smile]

wii
14 Oct 2003, 15:25
Who hasnŽt?

Tommie
14 Oct 2003, 18:03
@Alien: Don't really like Forever Young??? That can't be true. I don't believe you!

I can listen to FY for hours every day (sometimes diffrent versions/remixes or cover versions) and I still love it! Almost every time I play the keyboard I'll play C, G, Am, F, G, Dm, F, Am and G before I play anything else...

Sometimes when the kids likes to listen to the same song over and over I'll tell them to stop playing because it's so anoying to hear it over and over. When my girlfriend then tells me that I listen to Forever Young over and over I tell her that it's not the same thing, it's FOREVER YOUNG god damn it!!!

These are the songs you will probably hear if you came home to me one day:
[b]Released versions: Album Version, Special Dance Version, New Single Mix, Original Demo, Demo 2, Unplugged, Live [DS4], Live [SNAAL], F.A.F. Mix, Diamonds In The Sun Mix, Factory Mix
Live recordings: Live From Swedish TV 1996, Live In S:t Petersburg 2003
Remixes: Fountain Of Youth Mix, Ewigkeit Remix, Razormaid Remix, Cary August Special Limited Edition, DJ Coolboy 2002 Remix, DJ Promo Remix
Cover versions by: 7Luna, Ainbusk Singers, Axel Rudi Pell, B-Charme, Bon Bon, Cell, Coctail Cru, Delphia, Die Goldenen Zitronen, DJ @sker, DJ Company, DJ Panda, DJ Space C, Dune, Emil Chow, Etromic, F o N, Hladno Pivo, Insideout A Cappella, Interactive, Jamaica Soundsystem, Karel Gott, Laura Branigan, Marcio Novelli, McDolly, Paul Michiels, Sator, She Moves, Simon Wong, Sing It Baby, Speed Off, SSF Helldrivers, Temperance, The Residents, The Spaceband, Titanik, Tracy Huang, Transhumanizer, Unknown Reggae Band, Various Kids, Willy & David...

5 hours and 40 minutes of Forever Young...

FallenAngel
14 Oct 2003, 18:07
That would be a good idea, make a cd box with all different versions of FOREVER YOUNG!

russharvey
14 Oct 2003, 18:27
yes, but some of those versions are pretty bad..... while others are pretty good - still, I wouldn't want to listen to them all!

FallenAngel
14 Oct 2003, 18:38
Maybe, but it would be nice to hear them once.

Tommie
14 Oct 2003, 18:55
Russ - I agree. Some are remixes and cover versions are very bad. But it's still Forever Young! [wink]
Alphaville's work is always best but it's nice to hear diffrent versions sometimes, like diffrent styles and languages for example.

FallenAngel
14 Oct 2003, 18:59

Russ - I agree. Some are remixes and cover versions are very bad. But it's still Forever Young! [wink]
Alphaville's work is always best but it's nice to hear diffrent versions sometimes, like diffrent styles and languages for example.

Flemish / French versions exist??

Tommie
14 Oct 2003, 19:51
A friend of mine who sings in a choir made a french version but I don't think they recorded it. I have heard Forever Young in German, Swedish and Hungarian.

russharvey
14 Oct 2003, 19:54
well, I do agree that its nice to hear them all at least once - but some of them are so bad that only once is enough..... but versions like the B charme version which are very good.... those I could listen to alot!!