PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Kitten

poul e
18 Sep 2002, 10:12
Weīve already discussed them in the OMD topic. But for me they are getting good enough to have their own topic now.

Andy McCluskey has really done a great job with these girls!!! Itīs great that he finally gets some recognition for his work. For me the guyīs a genius!!

Iīve been listening a lot to Atomic Kitten lately and I must say that 2 of their songs are fantastic!! Iīm thinking about "Whole again" (the version where the girl with the romantic/sensual voice is singing - donīt know her name) and "Itīs ok". I really love those 2 songs!!

Besides those 2 there are also some really good songs like:
Eternal flame (the Bangles song)
The tide is high (Blondie cover)
Noone loves you (like I love you)
Cradle
The last goodbye

Give them a chance! Theyīre actually not that bad....

http://www.alphaville.org/images/poule.gif

Avil
18 Sep 2002, 22:31
No they are not that bad...
they are worse than bad!!
uack

<center> ~/~/~Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, live today~/~/~

a l p h a v i l l e</center>

Krapplund
19 Sep 2002, 17:21
They ARE bad!!!!!!!

Sorry Poul E :)

http://w1.471.telia.com/~u47104026/webbilder/logotype.gif (http://www.krapplund.com)

micki
20 Sep 2002, 08:19
*agrees with Avil and Krap* =P

Krapplund
20 Sep 2002, 08:37
Hehehe....now we are 3 ageinst Poul E [:-mohawk]

poul e
20 Sep 2002, 09:47
I was pretty sure that few people here agree with me on this topic. But I donīt care. You can be 6 billion against me about liking some music and I wouldnīt care. If I like a song I donīt care who made it and how.

Hell....I still like some songs from Milli Vanilli even if they were frauds. So it wasnīt the 2 nicelooking dancers that sung their songs...so what, the songs were still good!

And about Atomic Kitten. I didnīt like them at all in the beginning. I thought it was just one more of those commercial bands....but after listening to "Whole again" I changed my opinion...and now I really like "Itīs ok" as well.

Iīm just glad that we donīt all share the same taste in music....life would be boring then [:-boring]

Krapplund
20 Sep 2002, 11:08
Yes, you have right...the life would be very boring..

quote:Originally posted by poul e

Iīm just glad that we donīt all share the same taste in music....life would be boring then [:-boring]

micki
21 Sep 2002, 15:01
well, I agree with you about it, that it's no deal who has made the song, but I still don't like them...

wonder2000
21 Sep 2002, 15:13
Atomic kitten sucks [:-sick]

simpledumbpilot
28 Sep 2002, 03:41
It amazes me how people can talk about bombing Iraq and no-one will even point a gun at Atomic Kitten!! This is exactly the sort of band which is helping to destroy the chances of any sort of new, fresh artists breaking thru. Its the classic tired marketing ploy that executives at record companies keep churning out because people keep falling for it. Basicly, line up a selection of tits and teeth from stage school, have them move in formation to a song from the last 20 years or so which is already burnt in to the publics psyche so they dont have to take it in and there you go, instant hit! Still on the plus side they are not immortal, altho I do suspect a pact with the devil of some description.

poul e
28 Sep 2002, 07:54
@Simpledumbpilot: Ehhhh.....it seems like you think Atomic Kitten is the worst band ever. I just donīt understand how theyīre worse than the massproduced bands/artists from Stock/Aitken/Waterman (Rick Astley, Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan etc) in the 80īs and boy- and girlbands from later on too??
Besides...Iīve heard Atomic Kitten sing live and they definately are better singers than say Spice Girls which had only one girl who can sing, but a great deal of marketing made them BIG.

And besides all this....like I said earlier....I donīt care how and who just as long as I like the music - and I do! I also liked Stock/Aitken/Watermann songs from the 80s.

Am I really the only one in here who likes Atomic Kitten???? Or are you just "scared" to back me up??[:-shake]

Streetside Romeo
21 Oct 2002, 00:38
@simpledumbpilot: Oh yeeees -you got the point! Cheers! But: There are not enough litter boxes in the world for all these charactere and soulless clone-bands around! You'd need more than one devil for all these. How good that there isn't even one :-)