shapeseven
Astral Buddy

actually worth a mention at alphavillenow:
http://www.star2.com/entertainment/m...t-still-soars/
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2017, 14:29   #1463
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I really am pissed off that I didn't back up the email sent out to me when the London Sky contest was going... I'd love to get that MP3 again. My question was selected (which I didn't expect. haha)
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:54   #1464
humanracer
Dreamer

I wonder if Marian will write about the Beruit gig and setlist. I enjoyed the last couple of posts but I guess the album launch has put this on the backburner.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 19:04   #1465
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
Just saw the YouTube channel of O.N, the one with all the fake Trailers for the New Album. he put songs back online that he was asked to remove, plus he added edits from the Strange Attractor trailer.
Honestly: I give in. No unreleased songs or studio videos will make it to alphavillenow.com ever again, also no second album trailer. This is a violation of copyrights and intellectual property that I thought we all were grown up enough to avoid.
And by the way: the fact that London Sky is still online on YouTube is one of the reasons why it will not be on the album.
I think ON is perhaps genuinely trying to promote the album but the videos are really badly made and a bit misleading. I think he means well though.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 22:07   #1466
MalilaM
Random Motion

@Tobi: You can report his account to YT. We can't, because it is not our property, but yours is!
I tried to contact Universal about it, but they never replied... maybe you or someone in the band would have better luck.
This guy is a thief and he shouldn't be allowed to do that. He cannot mean well when he has been repeatedly asked to remove content from his channel and still has it on.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 02:29   #1467
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

His videos are absolute clickbait, and the fact that he was asked to get rid of those videos (or to stop), yet he insists on uploading them is embarrassing. His videos are very poor. Meaning he seems to be under the assumption that downloading low quality Alphaville concert videos and re-exporting them to 4K via a video editor is going to make them magically look better. Not how it works. I can't believe he ruined it for everyone... I hope he gets his channel taken off. I'm an Alphaville fan (and have posted Alphaville-related material before, admittedly) but I can tell you for damn sure if ANYBODY told me to stop, I would be happy to stop doing so. I'm sure that he'll come back if his channel does happen to get taken off, but one can dream that he doesn't...
Old 24 May 2017, 17:21   #1468
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Those videos damage the bands reputation, as some blogs repost them as "official" and individuals tend to mistake them - I heard too many comments like: "I listened to AVs new songs on YouTube and they suck". Turned out, they were referring ONs creations.
Honestly I'm too tired fighting these wars.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2017, 18:08   #1469
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

No kidding.. really? I'd suggest you report him so he quits posting garbage which misleads people to no end when they search for Alphaville-related content. It, as you said, is giving them false impressions as to what to expect when listening to the OFFICIAL songs. I remember seeing one of his videos where he had looped portions of the Heartbreak City demo from the Fractals video so it goes on for over 3 minutes (or something like that). The only, and I mean ONLY positive thing I can say about any of his videos is he went back and added links so you could buy the songs from Amazon (or wherever). Hopefully this mess gets sorted out.
Old 29 May 2017, 05:32   #1470
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

EDIT: It appears that he removed the video from his channel after I commented regarding it.
Last edited by MarianGoldfan123; 29 May 2017 at 11:27.