Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Dream Polls > Dream Polls

Poll: What´s the worst non-single track from Salvation ?
Poll Options
What´s the worst non-single track from Salvation ?

Old 09 Jan 2008, 20:58   #51
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
It´s one of those two - no doubt ...
Yes...I agree. And after that "Dangerous places"
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2008, 16:17   #52
Andreas
Snömodd

Could anyone who voted for the winner, "Point of know return" tell me why you choose that song and what's the "bad" thing about it?
I think the arrangement is great, the melody is nice and that Marian sings it in a very good way (unlike my choice, "Dangerous places").
@rolandk: Is this a song which suits best to listen to at a noisy place (like a car) so you can't hear the words?[smile2]

Because the words are the only thing with this song I can not say I like - well, actually I have no more opinion about them than they make no sense. But why should everything make sense? It is up to the artistic freedom if they shall or not.
And I am not the right one to say something about lyrics. I am namely not a person who often dislikes songs because of the lyrics, to me the melody, the voice and the arrangement is of much more importance.
But I care about the words if they contains things I certainly not stand for, like in Gangster rap (but there the melody etc already is bad, so I don't listen to it anyway): "I'm gonna kill you, you fucking bitch"

But wait a minute... The sentence I wrote above can easily be associated to Alphaville:
1. "I'm gonna kill you" is almost like "I wish you were dead" - "Wishful thinking"
2. The word "fucking" is used in "Control"
3. "Bitch" is a song on this particular CD and "Soulman" also contains the word several times

Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2008, 17:03   #53
TheBlue
Elevator

I have nothing against Point Of No Return, but usually I search something with faster tempo when I listen to Salvation. Sometimes I listen to it, but usually skip, since I know other songs from other albums that usually fits my emotions better than Point of no return.
TheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:23   #54
*ariAna*
maniac

Spirit of the age

Frankly, the hole album is not one of my favorites, too much techno for my taste ... but I really love most of the live versions. [spin]
Therefor I nearly never listen to the hole album what is very sorry regarding the wonderful Pandora's Lullaby.

G - O! Let's go!
*ariAna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2008, 06:36   #55
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

Out of the list, I said "Dangerous Places," but I wouldn't say it's the worst, since I like them all. I'd say more that it's the one "like it" in an album full of "love its."

On the later US release, however, "Life Is King" would get my vote.
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2008, 23:28   #56
buttman
Mr. Olek

Every time I hear 'Monkey in the moon', it makes me bitching about my remote being somewhere else so I cannot skip that ADHD-like crap.
buttman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2015, 18:07   #57
nicole
Dreamer

Dangerous Places I voted for. I never really listened to that song very well, but it's definitely not one I ever listen to.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote