Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 19 Apr 2017, 23:16   #121
Halfnelson
Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaxl View Post
I found and I bought the Absolute Synth Classics (02) to have the single version of SLAM but the sound is just horrible, a massacre, the sound is totally different from the vinyl version
Sorry about that. Original post (page 2) updated, (included 'new' Romeos version).

i have now a new doubt:
all 'Romeos - Single versions' from US releases are more or less 4:07 in lenght. Could it be all those versions are some 'LP US edit' and the 'New Sped-Up' being the only CD version of the 7'' vinyl? Or was the original European 7'' lenght given (3'59) a mistake ?
Can someone check the real lenght of the 7'' European vinyl ?

Checked:
Romeos - 'single version' from US 5'' PR2681: 4'09 (3'59 on label)
Romeos - 'unnamed version' from US 12'' PR2682 4'04 (4'07 on label)
Romeos - 'single version' from US 5'' PR2768: 4'09 (3'59 on label)

I don't even like the song!
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2017, 07:07   #122
Alphaxl
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanracer View Post
Hi
Regarding the version of SLAM, do you mean the mix is wrong or just that the mastering is bad? I have a version from The Best of 1980-1990. This collection has the best mastering (no loudness wars) of any 80s compilation. The version of SLAM from there is very good.

I also have good vinyl rips of Jet Set and Forever Young Rapide. I think I might also have a rip from the Forever Young CD single somewhere.

Going back to Red Rose (Instrumental) I wonder if this was a genuine mix or a record company error? I cannot imagine why they wouldn't just put the dub mix on there.
It's more the mastering who's bad.
I ask myself where they found the source for this song, from a old vinyl ?
The sound is completely different from the album version and from my single vinyl version ....

Do you have a link to find and buy The Best of 1980-1990 ?

Te raconter enfin qu'il faut aimer la vie et l'aimer même si je suis fatigué du mensonge et de la vérité que je croyais si belle, que je voulais aimer et qui est si cruelle que je m'y suis brulé ... .
Last edited by Alphaxl; 20 Apr 2017 at 08:37.
Alphaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:01   #123
humanracer
Dreamer

What is the "retro version" and "dub edit" of Romeos?
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2017, 21:18   #124
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
Sorry about that. Original post (page 2) updated, (included 'new' Romeos version).

i have now a new doubt:
all 'Romeos - Single versions' from US releases are more or less 4:07 in lenght. Could it be all those versions are some 'LP US edit' and the 'New Sped-Up' being the only CD version of the 7'' vinyl? Or was the original European 7'' lenght given (3'59) a mistake ?
Can someone check the real lenght of the 7'' European vinyl ?

Checked:
Romeos - 'single version' from US 5'' PR2681: 4'09 (3'59 on label)
Romeos - 'unnamed version' from US 12'' PR2682 4'04 (4'07 on label)
Romeos - 'single version' from US 5'' PR2768: 4'09 (3'59 on label)

I don't even like the song!
So how accurate is the wiki page? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeos
Old 21 Jun 2017, 23:06   #125
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

If it means much: The dub mix of Red Rose is a pure instrumental.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2019, 12:02   #126
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaxl View Post
I found and I bought the Absolute Synth Classics (02) to have the single version of SLAM but the sound is just horrible, a massacre, the sound is totally different from the vinyl version
And it's almost just impossible to find the cd : Forever Young 5'' US promo 88 (Version Rapide)
And still looking to have a better version from Jet Set (the single) but I don't have anymore the vinyl and can't make a rip of it (the same for The Nelson Highrise - single version)
Hi
It seems the compilation you bought and all others from 1992 onwards have the First Harvest version of SLAM.
Old 16 Mar 2019, 13:59   #127
Mart
Dreamer

Romeos - Balcony Mix was released on a compilation named Retro Active 3 Rare And Remixed in 2005

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2019, 14:13   #128
Mart
Dreamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9jVNR7pCtc

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Last edited by Mart; 16 Mar 2019 at 14:17.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2019, 15:01   #129
RRC
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
... and should have been named 'balcony mix new edit' or something.

'Balcony Mix' 1989 = 6:03
'Balcony Mix' 2005 = 5:31 (sleeve say 5:57)

I think 6:03 with the fade in and out.... real CD duration is 5:56 without any pregap and 100% not 5:31!!! Just checked it.
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2019, 15:11   #130
humanracer
Dreamer

Updated by me

Non album tracks 1984-1989. Compiled by HalfNelson. This list doesn't included the tracks remixed by Bernhard Lloyd for the 1992 compilation First Harvest or the remixed b sides from Dreamscapes.

Big In Japan - Single -----------------------------------------> First Harvest / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Big In Japan - Extended Re-Mix -------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Big In Japan - Dub Mix --------------------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Big In Japan - Single Version 88 -------------------------> Single Collection
Big In Japan - Remix '88 ------------------------------------> Single Collection / Alphaville 3'' 89 / So80s
Seeds --------------------------------------------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Sounds Like A Melody - Single ---------------------------> Hot And New (84) (all other samplers have LP or First Harvest ver)
Sounds Like A Melody - Special Long Version -----> Alphaville 3'' 89 / So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
The Nelson Highrise - (Single Version) ------------------------> Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
The Nelson Highrise - (extended) ------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Forever Young - Special Dance Version ---------------> Single Collection / Alphaville 3'' 89 / Forever Young 5'' US promo 88 / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Forever Young - Version Rapide --------------------------> Forever Young 5'' US promo 88 / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Welcome To The Sun -----------------------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Jet Set - Single Version ---------------------------------------> Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Jet Set - Jellybean Mix ---------------------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Jet Set - Dub Mix -----------------------------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Golden Feeling ---------------------------------------------------> So80s / Big In Japan (Deluxe Edition)
Dance With Me - Empire Remix --------------------------> Single Collection / So80s
The Nelson Highrise Sector 2 -----------------------------> So80s
Universal Daddy - Aquarian Dance Mix ---------------> So80s
Next Generation ------------------------------------------------> So80s
Sensations - Single --------------------------------------------> First harvest
Sensations - Club-Mix ----------------------------------------> So80s
Vingt Mille Lieues Sous Les Mers -----------------------> So80s
Jerusalem - Single ---------------------------------------------> First Harvest
Jerusalem - The Palace Version -------------------------> So80s
Red Rose - Single ---------------------------------------------> Single Collection
Red Rose - The Remix --------------------------------------> Single Collection / So80s
Red Rose - Dub Mix ------------------------------------------> hits compilations: This Is Your Music (89) / Übermusik Beat Around The World (89)
Concrete Soundtraxx For Imaginary Films I ---------> So80s
Romeos - Single -----------------------------------------------> Romeos 5'' US promo 89
Romeos - Extended Mix ------------------------------------> Romeos 3''/ Romeos 5'' US promos (PR2681/2768) / So80s
Romeos - Tribal Mix -----------------------------------------> So80s
Romeos - New Sped-Up 7'' Edit ------------------------> Romeos 5'' US promo (PR2768)
Headlines --------------------------------------------------------> Romeos 3'' / So80s
Summer Rain - Extended Version ----------------------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Summer In Berlin - (Demo 83 Remix 89) ------------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Sister Sun -------------------------------------------------------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Mysteries Of Love - Single --------------------------------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo / First Harvest
Mysteries Of Love - Remix -------------------------------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo / So80s
Mysteries Of Love - LP Mix With Sax ----------------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89
Like Thunder ---------------------------------------------------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / So80s

Still missing in CD format:

Jerusalem - (album version longer fade out)
Sensations - Dub Mix
Red Rose - (instrumental)
Romeos - Teknopella
Romeos - Balcony Mix (The 2005' Retro Active version is 25'' shorter)
Romeos - Radio Edit