Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 02 Apr 2017, 15:59   #1
musicdb
Dreamer

6 Review: Strange Attractor

Hello Everybody
I got my CD from Strange Attractor last friday!(in Switzerland)thats one week earlier!
So I listen to the album more than 4 times now! It's different as the last album!
CROG is more poppy and produced for a comeback!
Strange Attractor will surprize with many different styles: Pop, Rock, Synths/Electronic, Funk, Disco and a litte bit country....lol....! Some fans want always a synth-album, but time is changing and going on! Marian is 62 years old...am sure that he doesnt want to do that! Alphaville changing always their sound and there is still the classic sound that you can feel and celebrate!

The new Sound-Universum of "Strange Attractor":

1) GIANTS:
is a good opener for this album....more quiet song and not too long. I like the sounds here.
guitar popsound with some synths...

2) MARIONETTES WITH HALOS:
this song starting with a hard beat and a cold singing from Marian! rock,pop electro-guitar
very different and after 3 times this track is growing on me....cool song...

3) HOUSE OF GHOSTS:
great song... I like it a lot and yes this is a classic Alphaville song for sure!

4) AROUND THE UNIVERSE:
good song...reminds me in any way of "miracle healing"....poppy with small synths...

5) ENIGMA:
really nice song...love it....and I like the singing of Marian....Relaxing-synth-pop.....

6) MAFIA ISLAND:
a very good follow up to the song "Enigma" it's relaxing too and I like the beat and the sounds!
Little bit catchy but a great song for me!

7) A HANDFUL OF DARKNESS:
oh... yes... this is great... a masterpiece for sure.......beautiful....love it...!!!
nothing more to say about that....am really curious of the Version from the Deluxe-Edition!!

8) SEXYLAND:
first song that I don't really like it at all....hmmmm.....reminds me of songs from the 80ies...lol...
typically pop-rock from this time....some parts are good but its not really my track.....

9) RENDEZVOYEUR:
uups......country,pop-rock....hmmm...? thats my first impression....but after 3 times I think its
better than "Sexyland" and a good track...

10) NEVERMORE:
a good start with synths that reminds me of music from Vince Clark (Yazoo). Different singing but not bad... the same Level like "Rendezvoyeur....poprock and some synths....

11) FEVER!:
Lol.....now its coming a disco-track....mixed with the style of Bee Gees and Alphaville....really different but a
very cool track! I like it a lot.....

12) HEARTBREAK CITY:
very good choice for the first single...catchy, creativ, and classic Alphaville too....love it!

13) BEYOND THE LAUGHING SKY:
Wow....what a great song! Absolutely one of the best track in the world of Alphaville!
This song starts slowly and exploded to a fantastic chorus and singing from Marian!
For me a real masterpiece that touched my soul...wow...!

That was my Review of the new Masterpiece from Alphaville.
Strange Attractor is much fun to listen and will not get bored! It's much more better for me than CROG!
Some tracks have to be listen 2/3 times but you will find always some new elements and the
songs changing many times.....lol...so its a must to hear the songs completley...

Thank you Marian/Alphaville for this great Album....am very happy and hope many people in the world will love it too.....it derserves it!
Last edited by musicdb; 03 Apr 2017 at 10:34.
musicdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2017, 17:10   #2
humanracer
Dreamer

Thank you for your review. I can't wait to hear the album.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2017, 17:11   #3
humanracer
Dreamer

You should also post your review on somewhere like amazon.de where more can read it
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2017, 17:18   #4
musicdb
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanracer View Post
You should also post your review on somewhere like amazon.de where more can read it
Thanks humanracer

For sure I will do that......but in German......
musicdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2017, 21:23   #5
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Beyond the laughing sky is indeed one of the best AV songs ever.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote