Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 01 Nov 2010, 20:29   #21
wii
Dream Master

I like the album for sounding like Alphaville and not another Marian Gold solo project like Crazyshow...
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2010, 21:13   #22
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii View Post
I like the album for sounding like Alphaville and not another Marian Gold solo project like Crazyshow...
Good point Willy!!! One thing is for sure....this will be a high quality album regarding sound. It's hard to really get to know the songs from listening to these short snippets but I think songs like "Song for noone but myself" and "Phantoms" will be among my favourites....
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2010, 21:16   #23
wii
Dream Master

Yes, the sound is very good, the samples provided by the website are even better than the ones on iTunes, which sounds rather metallic and thin.

Poul E, you do know that the songs are basically complete, right? Each song is divided by 6 parts, for those who can't wait
Last edited by wii; 01 Nov 2010 at 21:21.
Old 01 Nov 2010, 23:18   #24
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Amen to that Willy!! I don't think I could have stomached another Crazyshow and Marian's strained vocals - this album is full of synth and songs with a catchy pop chorus and Marian sounds very good here....not sure I understand the criticism that questions the quality of these songs......

Quote:

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 00:04   #25
Jonatan
Arranged in White

So now I have listened to the clips too, and I'm negative to the album as a whole, even though there are some good moments. I think Marian tries to be someone he will never be, the kind of "cool" guy. It's just not convincing.

Song for no one but myself
Very catchy song, I think it's my favourite so far.

I Die for you today
Also very catchy. I didn't like it when I heard it played live but it is much better in the studio version. However, I agree with Willy that one quite quickly get tired of it.

End of the world
Definitely not my taste.

The things I didn't do
I like this one, although it is very "commercial". The female voices sound like ABBA.

Heaven on earth
Painful to listen to... Sounds quite pathetic in my opinion.

The deep
Could have been on Prostitute, but it would have been one of the least good tracks on that album.

Call me
This song sounds like the Swedish synth bands that were popular 10 years ago (Kamera, Melody Club etc.). It's a bit too simple and "rocky" for my taste but it might grow on me.

Gravitation breakdown
Sounds like electroclash. I don't like it at all.

Carry your flag
This version doesn't really add anything to the song. With every new version I hear I get more and more tired of the song in itself.

Call me down
It's nice to hear Martin for once, and I also like Marian's voice here, but still the song is quite boring.

Phantoms
Doesn't really get to me.

Miracle Healing
I still feel that the FIRST version was the best - by far. In this version, the female voices sound terrible. Are they SERIOUS??

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 06:44   #26
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Poul E, you do know that the songs are basically complete, right? Each song is divided by 6 parts, for those who can't wait
I'm listening to the clips at umusic....they sound like the same clips every time. Is there another place where they have the full clips?
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:11   #27
wii
Dream Master

Each flash popup comes up with the entire song divided into 6 parts, first part the start of the song, last part the end, if you can't see this upgrade your flash player to latest version.
Old 02 Nov 2010, 12:26   #28
pekurovsky
Keeping On Dancing

oh, more Marian Gold's solo projects like CrazyShow to me! I-WANT-MO-RE!

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
[jump1]
pekurovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 13:06   #29
poul e
Dream Keeper

Thank you Willy
I have to say that Marian's voice somehow sounds "younger". I think he sounds a lot like he did on "Forever young" and that is a good thing in my opinion
Old 02 Nov 2010, 14:22   #30
JamesT
Dreamer

Hi
Is 'Handful of darkness' not on the new album? I heard it at the Prague concert in December 2009 and thought it was utter class!
J
JamesT is offline   Reply With Quote