hahaa!! Yes, that got me beat.

Now the party's over, I'm so tired ~ Then I see you coming out of nowhere
Much communication in a motion ~ Without conversation or a notion
Avalon
AmberVonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2016, 19:31   #142
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

Not unusual, but rather unexpected: we were celebrating a girl's birthday in the restaurant, where they provided us with the old stereo and some tapes (TAPES!!!! Is it really 2016 now?). Well, we wanted to dance and we didn't have any alternatives, so we put a random tape in and it plays BIJ all of a sudden.

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2016, 14:29   #143
Clare
Alphanut

At work. We had a Christmas cocktail party and the alcohol was flowing. Someone was projecting YouTube videos onto a wall. Well I had to. Didn't I. Admittedly it was the end of the night but several people danced. BiJ was automatically followed by SLAM.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2016, 17:22   #144
CrowTRobot
probably the youngest?

This one wasn't unusual so much as it was absolutely great, but my friends know how much of an Alphaville fan I am, and as we were walking back to school after getting our lunch a few days ago, Days Full of Wonder came on my phone.

And oh my GOD it was fantastic. See, I think they're slowly starting to get into AV (cus i play it almost ALL THE TIME), and like, we'd all started singing DFoW.

So by the time we get back to the school, we're all in unison singing the last chorus of the song. it was worth it, if not a little unusual for a junior to lead a small team of sophomores in a song from a band hardly anyone in the USA (that's our age at least) knows

all i do is play video games and listen to alphaville
CrowTRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2016, 20:47   #145
Clare
Alphanut

Wow, that sort of thing would have been my dream in school except that DFoW wasn't around so Golden Feeling was the song in my dreams and a Sony Walkman not a phone but still similar.

Your friends have great taste!

Old 17 Dec 2016, 20:49   #146
CrowTRobot
probably the youngest?

Right? We all kind of share each other's tastes, and it's easily my favorite part of knowing these people

all i do is play video games and listen to alphaville
CrowTRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2017, 18:10   #147
Clare
Alphanut

Not quite a place I heard Alphaville but we were discussing them at work today. Someone who used to work with us is quite familiar with Alphaville.

Old 29 Mar 2017, 20:35   #148
MikeinBoston
Exclusive Fanclub Member

It was on the radio at my friends apartment in Cape Verde..... someone told me they played there once, but I have no record of such event in what I've read.....
MikeinBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2017, 02:38   #149
ElizabethMalott
Young Dreamer

Well, I wouldn't call it a "weird" or "unusual" place to hear Alphaville... but it occurred in a unfamiliar place...

In my dreams. Story Time!

I have been dreaming about my crush for the longest time, (actually 69 days to be exact... coincidence?)

And before I sleep, I would listen to Alphaville songs, such as "Red Rose", or "Fantastic Dream", or even "Heartbreaker". But then one fateful night, I dreamed to where AV was at my old middleschool, and they were doing things such as giving out merch of mugs and tees specifically. I was in the stairway, leading some younger children upstairs to the gym. When I came to the cafeteria, AV had a stage set up, and the album "Strange Attractor" (on vinyl, for some reason.) was on the table right next to my friends. But over the speakers in the cafeteria, I heard one of their songs. I have a feeling it was either "Fever!" or "Nevermore" but I'm not really sure either way...

The other time I heard a Alphaville song in my dreams was in these past two weeks. (In my dream,) I was at Mc Donalds and my crush was sitting on a disco floor, behind me. He was sitting on the blue lighting, specifically. I could only be on the red lighting to reach him. So I did, and to get his attention, I got out my Keyboard, (I had on me for some reason,) and I legitimately played the song "A Victory of Love". In real life, I wouldn't find myself playing the song so well, but otherwise, I would. Anyhow, I did get his attention. He called me a cutie pie. I fainted. Afterwards, I woke up.

But yeah, I guess it wouldn't be strange to have Alphaville in my dream...but hey, there has got to be a first time for everything!
ElizabethMalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2017, 23:14   #150
MalilaM
Random Motion

The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.81adda76ade4

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote