Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 10 Aug 2014, 15:58   #11
Kaz
Her...

All of the above and the fact that being part of a community like this has allowed me to travel and meet some great people over the years.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2014, 20:17   #12
nicole
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
All of the above and the fact that being part of a community like this has allowed me to travel and meet some great people over the years.

I agree! Perfectly said! I'm so glad I have talked to you all here. I also would love to meet you all as well! You all are so nice and caring! I'm glad to be a part of this AV Fan club!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2014, 13:33   #13
jayne
Dreamer

Hi,thank you for accepting me!

I agree with everything everyone has said ... his voice is haunting, his expressions draw you in. But also, no lie, watching him sing in his earlier days I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone as beautiful as him, now or ever x
jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2014, 11:43   #14
lunarclair
Dreamer

Yes I agree with all of you! There is something so completely unique about the music,Marian's voice and the lyrics.Literally Out of this World Divine maybe. And I think all of you fans are very special somehow,there's a really good atmosphere here.All good vibes you could say <3
lunarclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2014, 12:01   #15
jayne
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
I agree! Perfectly said! I'm so glad I have talked to you all here. I also would love to meet you all as well! You all are so nice and caring! I'm glad to be a part of this AV Fan club!
Maybe one day ...[love2]
jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2014, 14:44   #16
nicole
Dreamer

That's my wish! I've been wanting to meet you all and AV for the longest time!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2014, 02:47   #17
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

Most of my family got into a lot of bands and artists that didn't get much radio attention during the '80s, and we happened upon BIJ that way. Except that for every time someone played it, we never got to hear who they were.

My brother happened upon the FY album via cassette, and from that moment, we got to enjoy their music. And when Utopia came out, that really did it for us: Alphaville became one of our favorites to ever come out of the decade.

The voice, the writing, the music, what's NOT to love?

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2014, 14:11   #18
Maya
Alfreda

I love Marian,im big simpathy 30years...."Big.. IN JApan"-perfect......I embrace to you,Marian.
Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2014, 13:11   #19
Omegaville
Cusp of the Millenium

I love Alphaville's music... For those rich, attractive melodies and Marian's "flying-in-the-clouds", clear voice. It rips me from the reality to the better world.

As a tween I really used to think my username is so clever, huh.

Thank you, Dreamscapes, for opening up new dreamscapes to this young soul.
Omegaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2014, 06:25   #20
TPJ
TPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarclair View Post
What attracted you to AV in the first place?
-apart from the obvious (great songs etc)
Why do you think they are so special and different from other bands? I've been a fan for 30 years.❤️❤️❤️
Apart from the lyrics and Marian's voice, I think it's the brave honesty and passion behind the music. The fearlessness to say, sing, and play what they want, how they want. It's also relatively clean and dare I say 'wholesome' compared to many other bands. And at times almost spiritual in their meaning - (but I guess that's open to interpretation). But AV is fresh too, and sophisticated. When I first heard BIJ and FY they were like slaps in the face (or heart) - real wake up calls (regarding music awareness). Another song that did that to me was Enolagay by OMD, but AV has always been my fav. AV's fearlessness and courage to be themselves has helped me to be myself in my own creative work. Thanks, AV!
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote